Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Lupo 'ring times on GT5

Very nice, thats good for the car your using! saying that matt is a GT5 geek. level 34!! WTF!

lol^

Lupo GTI '01

Racing soft tyres

Fully customisable suspension, lowered 25mm all around, increased camber to -4° F and -3.5° R, stronger R-ARB

Brake balance 10-7

Fully customisable LSD

Fully customisable transmission, with elongated gearing for higher top speed of 157+mph

High range turbo kit

Titanium racing exhaust

Sports exhaust manifold

Sports intake manifold

Racing air filter

Stage 3 engine tuning

Rigidity improvement

Window weight reduction

Stage 3 weight reduction

Engine rebuild

Oil change

TC 1

ABS 1

269bhp

867kg

Controller with AT.

Youtube Video ->

Original Video

Still a good 3 to 4 seconds to take off that time. But racing soft tyres are a must, give you way better grip than anything else.

Normal GTI is the way to go though, instead of the Cup cars.

Damn I need this game in my life lol

I need this track and a sodding lupo hahaha, need to find more time to play it and nerd up

Im also up for the lupo ring battle thingy as soon as I get a lupo

I found the soft tyres get hot too quickly. Saying that I didnt have the full LSD when I tried with them.

You use alot of negative camber, I'm gonna give that a go tonight. See what I can come up with, I reckon I can take about 3-5 sec off easily just removing a few errors but I don't think I'll get anywhere near your time!!

John

John I tried a lap with exactly the same settings as you then tweeked a couple things and even with an off managed to better my time by

nearly 5 seconds. Can't remember exactly what I changed but I think I fully stiffened both arbs, changed the gearing for a top speed around 160ish and changed the brake balancing heavier to the front. Nowhere near as much camber as hipwell though so I might try that next!

I'll have a play tonight, soft tyres and camber to start off with I think.

John

1. NOCK - H20NOCK

2. CasperGTI - caspergti

3. 99hjhm(Or his brother) - Matt_Hipwell

4. F34TY2010

btw i recommend using the logitech driving force gt wheel its really good shaved seconds off my time :)

Managed a 7:46.1 tonight. Still keep having a huge off at the same corner every time, if I can avoid that I reckon it'll be good for a 7:38.

Leaderboard

Hipwell, GTI '01:- 7.29.348

CasperGTI, GTI '01:- 7.40.563

GtiJames:- 7.46.1

Hipwell, Cup Car '00:- 7.48.525

CasperGTI, GTI '01:- 7.49.823

GtiJames:- 7.51.3

Hipwell, Cup Car '00:- 7.52.320

scotty_82, Cup Car:- 7.55.267

CasperGTI, GTI '01:- 7.55.357

scotty_82 Cup Car:- 7.59.991

scotty_82, Cup Car:- 8.00.423

loopete, GTI '01:- 8.14.296

AwesomeAl, Cup Car '03:- 8.32.584

Kez1990, Cup Car '03:- 8.42.714

GtiJames, Cup Car:- 8.43

Aaawww you shouldn't have done that... More determined than ever now to snatch that silver medal from caspers sweaty controller hand lol! Think the golds safe though to be honest...

Iv been taking them as i go along lol. They'll be up when I can get access to the mrs laptop!

Really struggling with the soft tyres, can't get the suspension set up as good as it was on the medium tyres.

Taken another 3 seconds off my time, but not finished having a go yet

You boys must be having a few days off! When I get off work I'll be back in the tuning sessions, looks like my 206bhp ain't cutting it!

Really struggling with the soft tyres, can't get the suspension set up as good as it was on the medium tyres.

Taken another 3 seconds off my time, but not finished having a go yet

Soft tyres are better, they don't seem to wear doing time trial runs just like the fuel doesn't go down does it?

Oh no, you can put a rear wing on the GTI. It's going to make it fly! :lol:

Nice time Al, especially in the Cup Car, you got a normal GTI to use? You will be able to get into the 7.40's.

I think i'm at a disadvantage at the mo as my time was from a standing start in a lupo race! So i'll have to do a warm up lap and then a hot lap!

For the love of god I haven't seen one Gti come up in the used car sales. I have the Cup car though. :coffee:

Whats your User ID? I'll send you one the next time one comes up in my used car thingy... I seem to come across them all the time!

Nice time Al, especially in the Cup Car, you got a normal GTI to use? You will be able to get into the 7.40's.

That's a Normal Lupo GTI that one Matt. Just painted it a nice Sunflowery Yellow to make it stand out! :) It was going to be Sepang Bronze, but the 'Brake dust' coloured wheels wouldn't go with it :(

I think i'm at a disadvantage at the mo as my time was from a standing start in a lupo race! So i'll have to do a warm up lap and then a hot lap!

Pete, My 8:32 was in the Lupo Cup race also. :)

Edited by AwesomeAl

Grrr!! I fitted the wing and managed a 7.41 but shot wide on karousel and invalidated my time!!! I'll keep working on it but need to calm down abit, gonna try fiddling with the camber I think, got 1.5 front and 3 on rear, might loosen the roll bars up too, although I like it a bit twitchy!

Grrr!! I fitted the wing and managed a 7.41 but shot wide on karousel and invalidated my time!!! I'll keep working on it but need to calm down abit, gonna try fiddling with the camber I think, got 1.5 front and 3 on rear, might loosen the roll bars up too, although I like it a bit twitchy!

I find that if its too stiff you get a load of understeer when you put the power on, if its a bit softer this seems to be a bit less.

John