17 yr olds of club lupo!

Dave!

I honestly dont know how these kids are doing it , probably 2-3 k for the car on a loan, petrol costs , maintenance and 100-150 quid per month insurance.

If you were after a serious response, heres my life story.

For mine, I luckily was clever when i was younger. Whenever i was given money, birthdays, christmas etc I saved it. I NEVER bought anything for my enjoyment as i knew saving for a car would be much more beneficial :rolleyes: Sounds sad I know. This then got me my car, and insurance. I get £30 a week which pays for the majority of my petrol, and any maintenance comes out of my savings.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, the internet has always been a cruel bully to me. Countless times have I wept for the naughty and hurtful things it's said to me. Sometimes I struggle to get on with my own life, full of real cars, friends, a girlfriend and so on. All because of the horrible rude words turned into asterisks on a car forum that interesting and well educated people have said to me.

Seriously though slammedcorsaB, I am a bit tired of this. When you have a slammed lupo which is properly insured then i'll pay more respect to you, as will everyone else on the forum.

I honestly dont know how these kids are doing it , probably 2-3 k for the car on a loan, petrol costs , maintenance and 100-150 quid per month insurance.

Most of the kids at my college are mummy's and daddy's boys and girls. Literally everything given on a plate. I know very few people who paid for everything themselves :(

an apprenticeship ?

Let's try and give you an idea how far money will go and how much you need to realise.

An apprenticeship will not pay you much money, the minimum is £95 a week.

Your insurance will be at least £150 a month.

You are going to spend a minimum of £1500 to get a Lupo which isn't past it's best (looking at recent cars for sale) - so would be about £62.50 a month over 2 years without interest).

Your car will need an MOT and Tax every 12 months, coming to (if the MOT passed without any failures) approximately £160 - £210+ a year = £13.34 - £17.50 a month.

You will need new tyres as you will burn through the first set (most certainly the fronts) doing burnouts within the first year. A budget set of tyres installed and fitted will set you back approximately £70 = £5.83 a month.

In total, you will get £411.67 before tax and national insurance, after deductions (say 20%) you would have £329.34.

The outgoings listed above (providing the car does not break) are £231.67 before fuel. The current cost of fuel is about £1.33.9 per litre. You have £97.67 left before fuel bills. It costs me about £40 to fill up my Lupo and from a full tank, you should expect 240 miles (manual gearbox). You will therefore be able to cover approximately 540 miles with the remaining funds providing you didn't spend money on anything else. Oh and that's if you wasn't thrashing the car every night, if you insurance was at £150 a month (would most likely be more) and without the cost of servicing, McDonalds, cleaning products, modifications etc.

Wake up.

Edit: Oh and another piece of advice for you, trying to act like a hard arse does not scare anyone in this forum. They are laughing at you (not with you) because of your immaturity. Keep your nose clean, you've already have one topic locked by moderators after the handbags came out, you think they won't ban you if it happens again in such a short space of time? No one wants to come to a forum to have a 16 year old attempt to insult them. Before hitting that post button, take a second to think about the consequences. You might not see it now, but give it a few years the penny will drop.

Edited by Revo

Plus even though im probably 10 years your senior i can so out immature you in the internet, literally anything from name calling to picture posting .

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I like all the attention. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let this thread go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill** you.

** probably wont kill you really, more like just a stern telling off , some waving and i might put on my angry face.

Plus even though im probably 10 years your senior i can so out immature you in the internet, literally anything from name calling to picture posting .

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I like all the attention. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let this thread go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill** you.

** probably wont kill you really, more like just a stern telling off , some waving and i might put on my angry face.

possibly the best reply including my favourite quote from any film

TAKEN :wub:

Let's try and give you an idea how far money will go and how much you need to realise.

An apprenticeship will not pay you much money, the minimum is £95 a week.

Your insurance will be at least £150 a month.

You are going to spend a minimum of £1500 to get a Lupo which isn't past it's best (looking at recent cars for sale) - so would be about £62.50 a month over 2 years without interest).

Your car will need an MOT and Tax every 12 months, coming to (if the MOT passed without any failures) approximately £160 - £210+ a year = £13.34 - £17.50 a month.

You will need new tyres as you will burn through the first set (most certainly the fronts) doing burnouts within the first year. A budget set of tyres installed and fitted will set you back approximately £70 = £5.83 a month.

In total, you will get £411.67 before tax and national insurance, after deductions (say 20%) you would have £329.34.

The outgoings listed above (providing the car does not break) are £231.67 before fuel. The current cost of fuel is about £1.33.9 per litre. You have £97.67 left before fuel bills. It costs me about £40 to fill up my Lupo and from a full tank, you should expect 240 miles (manual gearbox). You will therefore be able to cover approximately 540 miles with the remaining funds providing you didn't spend money on anything else. Oh and that's if you wasn't thrashing the car every night, if you insurance was at £150 a month (would most likely be more) and without the cost of servicing, McDonalds, cleaning products, modifications etc.

Wake up.

Edit: Oh and another piece of advice for you, trying to act like a hard arse does not scare anyone in this forum. They are laughing at you (not with you) because of your immaturity. Keep your nose clean, you've already have one topic locked by moderators after the handbags came out, you think they won't ban you if it happens again in such a short space of time? No one wants to come to a forum to have a 16 year old attempt to insult them. Before hitting that post button, take a second to think about the consequences. You might not see it now, but give it a few years the penny will drop.

iv got abit of money saved for a car and abit more for lessons and test and that, and abit more for things like tax and mot and if anything goes wrong

and im not trying to be hard, or make any laugh, just stickin up for myself.

iv got abit of money saved for a car and abit more for lessons and test and that, and abit more for things like tax and mot and if anything goes wrong

and im not trying to be hard, or make any laugh, just stickin up for myself.

Don't think my post has sunk in tbh - look how much (especially in proportions to your possible earnings) running a Lupo is going to cost you. Plus tbh you'd be better off with a nail as your first car , no point buying some nice till you got a few years experience.

Infact I'll do it for you :)

Provisional Licence - £50

Reccomended minimum number of lessons is 20 hours at £20 each minimum - £400

Theory (Assuming you pass first time) - £32

Practical (Assuming you pass first time) - £62

And for you, slammed lupo: the bribe to your practical tester - tenner and a sucky sucky.

All in all before youre even on the road, assuming you pass first time both practical and theory on only 20 lessons is £654 and your oral virginity.

Infact I'll do it for you :)

Provisional Licence - £50

Reccomended minimum number of lessons is 20 hours at £20 each minimum - £400

Theory (Assuming you pass first time) - £32

Practical (Assuming you pass first time) - £62

And for you, slammed lupo: the bribe to your practical tester - tenner and a sucky sucky.

All in all before youre even on the road, assuming you pass first time both practical and theory on only 20 lessons is £654 and your oral virginity.

Why thankyou Jabbles :). I think the average number of hours for people to learn to drive is 40 in total, so lets add another £400 onto that and it'll be £1054+ possible loss of dignity (I can't evaluate your potential driving skills just by forum posts - but if you failed the first time it would be a bit of dignity lost anyway).