Laser blue open air on air ( time to move on )

Lermy

Just to answer Al's question on about page 3 of this thread(!), this did used to belong to a buddy of mine called Garth. It was bought and traded back to Crawley Volkswagen, as Garth traded-up to a stunning white 6R polo 1.2t SEL.

I'm glad its gone to a good home, as Garth was meticulous with her and sorry to see her go.

I like what you've done so far!

they are here, tyres being fitted tomo as they didnt have the ones i wanted bridgestone's 165_50_R15's

newwheels.jpg

newwheels2.jpg

(pics from the ad when i bought them as i forgot to take some)

Edited by Lermy

sneaky peak trial fitting

P1222718.jpg

P1222719.jpg

P1222721.jpg

P1222722.jpg

well there you go jowey

back out of the bodyshop in 2 weeks then boot build is taking place and im toying with the idea of applying for a feature if i dont get anywhere doesnt matter be worth a try

yes they would but to expensive and cant be dealing with splitting them then sealing them back together etc + new tyres for the rear so just space the rears for now

how they sit even if i had the arches made to acomodate with 195/45's i would have needed them flared as the tyre would have scrubbed still, the arches are getting rolled so i can space them out for now till winter then i may split the rears for bigger dishes

Edited by Lermy

personally i would of loved to have seen 195/45 tyres and arch's made to accommodate...

it is a good look

:coffee:

Edited by Jowey

Good progress,

But surely your body shop could roll your arches? its not a hard job especially if your having a respray!

And 2.5k is alot, id expect to be getting a full in and out for that at a well known body shop..

Money aside, this will be sweet when done! wheels will really work :)

2.5k with brake calipers painted front bumper smoothed loads of little bits done and new rear window supplied and fitted, they could but were making a bit of a mess and were going to cut bits out so i thought id get it done properly

it will look totally different when done, and tbf the wheels look better with the 165's if not i can always change them over to my 195 45 proxes

2.5k with brake calipers painted front bumper smoothed loads of little bits done and new rear window supplied and fitted, they could but were making a bit of a mess and were going to cut bits out so i thought id get it done properly

it will look totally different when done, and tbf the wheels look better with the 165's if not i can always change them over to my 195 45 proxes

i know youll get wider dishes :lol:

can honestly not wait to see how this dollars been spent!!!!

cars all primed rubbed down just needs masking and painting then putting back together, pinstriping has been started and looks the tits but you will have to wait for pics of that as i dont have any

for 2.5k id be wanting the roof done, aswell as the interior to be honest...your cash tho buddy..

get what you pay for at the end of the day im getting 5 years guarantee so if something goes wrong in this time i get it sorted for free

get what you pay for at the end of the day im getting 5 years guarantee so if something goes wrong in this time i get it sorted for free

5 years gurentee on paintwork is ****, theyll point out if anything goes wrong itll be to stone chips etc and not a flaw in their work, if u r happy payin 2.5k for net even a FULL blow over paint job then thats up to you but theyve seen you comin mate and pulled your pants down, did u even get any other quotes from surrounding garages and went back to them?

5 years gurentee on paintwork is ****, theyll point out if anything goes wrong itll be to stone chips etc and not a flaw in their work, if u r happy payin 2.5k for net even a FULL blow over paint job then thats up to you but theyve seen you comin mate and pulled your pants down, did u even get any other quotes from surrounding garages and went back to them?

i work there, and no they havnt seen me coming this is what we charge, ive seen cars come in from other garages with s**t paintwork, our place is very picky with our work if something isnt spot on i.e the colour is slightly different to the panel next to it we do that aswell, nothing leves unless its spot on, so therefore i do not mind paying this amount

and 5 years gurentee is not ****, if the filler work sinks after time fades or anything like that it does get sorted for nothing, if summin goes wrong due to a stone chip then thats my own fault and i will clearly be able to see that

Edited by Lermy