Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

think it looks good on it mate, maybe just needs some sort of back to black on it as it look faded in the pictures. love your car though :wub:

I've not put black plastic dressing on, looks much better now :rolleyes:

Looks very snazzy :wub:

I am a fan of the splitter tbh mate, looks good :)

Cheers buddy!

OH and...

Just as I was getting over the loss of £160 having to replace a new front bumper... my front windscreen now needs replacing, great!

5980863707_a75dfecab8_b.jpg

D'oh by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

A local lad came round to add a tinted sunstrip to the front, put a heat gun on the rear view mirror & gave it a wiggle n pop! There goes my screen.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Not having much luck lately am I? :ph34r:

I don't think I should go near my car again

It cracked because you were trying to add a sunstrip :P

Only a really subtle tint, not going to put Kenwood stickers on just yet. Was a 35% light tint just to go across the top which I think will look quite nice! Come on don't beat me up now!!!!

My problem is though, I ring everybody and they quote me for just a Lupo windscreen, the only options they give are whether or not the car has rain sensors fitted.. not an option I'd ever heard of! :lol:

But read threads on here saying the GTI windscreen glass is thinner & tinted. The bloke on the phone swears there is just 1 type for all.

I'm confused :blink:

Windscreen was replaced a couple of days ago, it's lovely looking out with no chips/scratches! :tongueout:

Gavin couldn't come out though as Autoglass wanted £560 or £490 if I paid there and then over the phone :paperbag: ... rang around locally and they came the next morning for £132. Luckily for me the tinter paid out!

Surprising enough he came back to give it another shot :blink: this time without touching the mirror! lol

He then offered to do my back 3 windows for free as a way of apology, I wasn't sure but for free I couldn't refuse!

Here's a few pictures from when I finished work:

6003527752_15bb7c92d7_b.jpg

DSC01497 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6002981961_5b27550716_b.jpg

DSC01495 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6002981139_a28fab1017_b.jpg

DSC01494 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6002980003_4516cd5936_b.jpg

DSC01492 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

The tint looks darker in the photos than it actually is, probably as they were taken around 9pm. It's a 35% tint.

I'm still not sure on the back 3 but it's growing on me, but I do like the sunstrip. Each to their own I guess as I bet it won't be many peoples cup of tea.

Anyway... if anyone in Worcestershire needs their windows tinting... I couldn't recommend him enough. All I paid was £30 for 2 trips out, new windscreen, sunstrip & rear 3 windows tinted. And his work is high quality, he's about as fussy as me. Not a single bubble/mark/crease!

:thumbup:

Finally finished polishing one wheel... yeah only done the one as I have work, it's taken me 3 hours and I couldn't even open a can of coke my hand was that dead.

Now I know why people send stuff away for it to be polished up... :angry2:

And because it took me so long... here's some pictures :tongueout: (They're all unedited, not even touched the brightness/contrast)! :thumbsup:

6011371385_ea2079f560_b.jpg

One wheel polished - 3 hours later.. by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6011920544_ca7d6755b7_b.jpg

Tadaaa by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6011369543_5c7407a3dd_b.jpg

2 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6011918330_76448ac812_b.jpg

1 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Going do the other 3 over the weekend, hopefully it wont be as warm as it was today though!! :surprise:

And here's a couple more I took considering I had the camera out already & I had cleaned it, ya know! :shifty:

6011374407_ed74255a0a_b.jpg

8 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6011373317_ae8259e8a5_b.jpg

7 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6011372567_739d421799_b.jpg

6 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Now time for work :(:rant:

Mate I've been debating for a while whether or not to bite the bullet and get a GTI, but this thread has just persuaded me. I'm 18 and turn 19 the day my insurance runs out so I'll be 19, 1 year NCD and 2 years on the road. Had one of these bought for me from new as a present for passing my test and the insurance came in at £4010 :angry2: That was on my own with my mum as a named, however my girlfriend reversed into it by accident so I have a claim on there, probably why its so dear. Policy runs out in October so going to start getting quotes next month. If it's anywhere near 2k I'll be over the moon. Sweet ride, this is a model for how I want mine. Get saving and keep it going mate!

:wub:

Gorgeus!

:D

Thanks guys!!!!!!! :wub:

really nice one thing sticks out in those photos is the exhaust hanging low...still any more plans in the future?

One of my plans is exhaust! Just looking and hearing different options first, thinking of either the Bastuck system but keeping twin tailpipes or going custom! I'm not 100% sure yet.

Audio is also top of my list as I still have 2 Rainbow iPauls sat in the corner, just pricing up some Audision comps! Quite excited for that just got to save as only £260 in my bank (well that's actually mine, rest is loan money) :innocent:

Mate I've been debating for a while whether or not to bite the bullet and get a GTI, but this thread has just persuaded me. I'm 18 and turn 19 the day my insurance runs out so I'll be 19, 1 year NCD and 2 years on the road. Had one of these bought for me from new as a present for passing my test and the insurance came in at £4010 That was on my own with my mum as a named, however my girlfriend reversed into it by accident so I have a claim on there, probably why its so dear. Policy runs out in October so going to start getting quotes next month. If it's anywhere near 2k I'll be over the moon. Sweet ride, this is a model for how I want mine. Get saving and keep it going mate!

Mine was £2050 or so with my mods declared (Coilovers, wheels) so it was about £1800 before that. Now I am 19 with 2 years NCB it's dropped to £1020 with mods declared. Just keep trying different insurance companies and don't use compare the market type things. Just ring direct! Good luck mate and keep saving, I owned a horrible Corsa before my Lupo and hated every minute so just saved for the whole year!

hey, did you drive through leominster today? i swear i saw this earlier. looks amazing

I did yeah, there was me, a mk2 and 2 campers we were going to Dubstock VW show but got lost haha! I didn't see you, where abouts were you as I'd have given a wave lol!!!

what rear badge is that mate and what polish did you use on your wheels

Joe

It's a Passat rear badge, fits into the recess and looks all snug, didn't like the standard one with the huge rubber ring around it.

And I used Zeppelin Prep & Polish, but it's hard work!! I've only done 2 and half wheels and spent about 9 hours so far :rant: it's good stuff though!!!!

Oh and I got runner up this weekend at Dubstock VW show.. not sure how many were in our class as I didn't really look but not a huge amount. The winner was another Lupo GTI owned by someone on here... a black one with reg ELLE VW? I did speak to them but didn't get their username. It had just had a full respray, polo boot handle, smoothed front about a week ago. And it looked shinnnnnnnny! :thumbsup:

Here's a picture of mine somebody took and here's a pic of me with my runners up certificate :clap:

6021661594_ae6b53c969_b.jpg

Dubstock by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

6021661402_32e39c11d7_b.jpg

Dubstock 2 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

and my mate found this in fastcar mag, I swear the meet was ages ago though!

6021661726_e8fa10ee79_b.jpg

FastCar by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

:wave:

oh... and also, Dubstock was just a field... at the enterance was a big mound to get over. Had to get directed out and my front splitter just kept scraping over it. It's chipped/scratched away the plastic all on one side GRR :(

Edited by Kent

I did yeah, there was me, a mk2 and 2 campers we were going to Dubstock VW show but got lost haha! I didn't see you, where abouts were you as I'd have given a wave lol!!!

i knew it was :D yeah i did see the campers too with the beetle front end trailor :D your car looked amazing mate really is a headturner. i drove past you in my black arosa :)

awesome! really nice car mate

Thanks, I have my eye on yours too lol!

i knew it was :D yeah i did see the campers too with the beetle front end trailor :D your car looked amazing mate really is a headturner. i drove past you in my black arosa :)

Haha the yellow beetle trailor was quite cool! I'm surprised I didn't see you, I'm always on the look out and normally spot a Lupo or Arosa and find out it's some old lady in her 80s at the wheel!

Good to meet you yesterday mate. It was me and elliecjno1 with the black gti. Yours was looking lovely fair play. I want my silver one back again!

Likewise, cheers mate. There's so many things I want to do just so little money. Seeing your paintwork showed me how much I need mine machine polished :( :( :(

Had a package come this morning.........

6050757886_a42b51175e_b.jpg

What could it be??? by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

ooooooo! :innocent:

Ok, it's nothing too exciting! BUT I did spend nearly £90 on car cleaning stuff to add to the rest of my collection! :surprised:

6050207139_9d86497f38_b.jpg

Woohoo! by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Ordered:

- Elite Plush drying towel

- Elite Polishing Towel

- Elite Buffing towel

- Dodo Juice glass waffle weave cloth

- Dodo Juice glass cleaner

- Dodo Juice sponge

- Autoglym interior sponge

- Sonus foam applicator pad

- Poorboys White Diamond Glaze (looking forward to trying this)

- Raceglaze Leather cleaner + Brush

- Raceglaze Leather balm

- Megs tyre applicator

There goes money I didn't have :ph34r: I needed some of it as never liked using a chamois on my car at all and fed up of mucky hands using a sponge cut off to apply tyre dressing! :shades:

Hopefully I'll have a more exciting update soon! At least I hope so

Edited by Kent

Decided to give my leather a good clean using Raceglaze Cleanser and Raceglaze Balm. I've previously used Renapur which was good but this stuff is amazing! Neither of the bottles smelt of leather, one smelt of polish and the other of piss but my leather now smells brand new and looks the part too as it had gone quite shiny and creased.

It got rid of the majority of the smaller creases and it feels lush to sit on. Here's a quick picture from today:

6056028916_1a0caed5e0_b.jpg

DSC01520 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

And I also found the replacement passenger side door handle & grab handles I'd been meaning to fit under my bed. I did the drivers side ages ago but decided that was me done for the day as they aren't the easiest things to change! The rubber was peeling which bugged the hell out of me!

Although.... I've come inside and left it like this:

6055482973_e76dfc985d_b.jpg

DSC01523 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

I got the door pull handle off quicker than last time (had to snap them last time) but the glue around the door handle is behind the clippy things :rant:

Oh and here's a picture of my wheel

6056029690_ee171fde46_b.jpg

DSC01522 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Quite like how it's sitting now although I'm tempted to get some 17" Porsche/Merc wheels and TRY to tuck them up! :innocent:

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to taking pictures as the weathers mint!

Last week sometime I stripped wax off car and started again ready for the winter.

- Washed

- Clay bar'd whole car

- Washed

- Polished using AG Super Resin Polish

- Added PoorBoys White Diamond Glaze on top

- Waxed using Ashley's home-made wax sample (Detailer on both here & ED) and DodoJuice Light fantastic wax (Used both on different panels to compare).

- Poorboys glass cleaner & waffle-weave towelled all windows

- Rain-X on windows

- AG Trim restorer on grills, window rubbers & B-Pillar.

- PB's Tyre Dressing

- Quickly re-polished wheels using Zeppelin prep & polish

- Sealed wheels using PB's wheel sealant.

A good 8/9 hours spent! A bit gutted I didn't grab any pictures when I'd finished as it was near enough dark. Re-washed the car yesterday but didn't manage to take any photos until today so excuse the dust/dirt that's gathered.

Also after de-locking I decided I may aswell get my doors sorted, the passenger side had been playing up for sometime only opening on occasion when handle was pulled down and out. Wouldn't open from inside either, I took door card off & tried re-adjusting cable and could see the L part of the mechanism wasn't fully clicking back! Not long after my drivers side went and meant I had to climb in through the boot and at my destination had to get someone to open the boot for me to get out!

Booked in at VW and they were absolutely amazing, and all is sorted! :thumbup:

Pics:

6195112235_f4def41476_z.jpg

DSC01577 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Shows the reflection and smoothness of the bonnet quite well!

6195630684_3cb876f950_z.jpg

DSC01578 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Finally got round to de-locking it a month or so ago and have had all my locks sorted at VW so no passengers climbing over or me having to get in through the boot when drivers side also ceased :ph34r:

6195116835_6090264173_z.jpg

DSC01579 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

And a cheeky little sticker, quite subtle and the only one currently on!

6195119623_42435f9936_z.jpg

DSC01580 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

I'm still looking at winter wheels although may just throw the standard ones back on as doubt it will be driven much rather than fork out extra cash! My plan is to just throw a car cover on and keep it sat on the drive over the icy/snowy period and use my feet to get around!!

I do however still plan to put the rear wheels (7.5") onto the front and build the standard sized ones out to 8's for the back using Radinox dishes. Was looking at RS's but to be honest prefer the look of RM's and who cares about hype! :innocent:

Hopefully next update will be a bit bigger, things are slowlllllyy crawling along!

• 2 weeks later...

Bored @ work so here's my todo/wishlist:

- Air suspension

- 4-2-1 manifold + exhaust system & decat.

- Headunit

- Sound deaden

- Fit the amps I bought & upgrade all speakers to high end stuff (Possibly give car to plush)

- Full interior re-trim

- Respray in a dark blue

- Build wheels out with stainless dishes

- Fit PS3 into car

- Private numberplate

- Smoothed boot + recesses

- Clean archliners

- Change interior bulb

- Buy & fit BMC & Catch tank

- Tidy engine bay up

- Buy new splitter

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.png

Edited by Kent

sounds sweet! ive always thought a hidden storage compartment would be nice, like a glovebox. it does my head in that i dont have anywhere to keep things that i need, but dont want to see.

like the reversing camera idea lots! those things are so cool!