Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

I got my camber sorted on the tuesday gone, running -1.5 upfront & -2.5 rear. Took them a fair few hours to sort it but I think it looks spot on. Gives me the extra clearance especially on the rear so the coilovers were also dropped down.

Here's a couple of pics:

5847760195_92fcf500cd_b.jpg

DSC01242 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5848318898_35414e1214_b.jpg

DSC01246 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5848319270_dda84602d3_b.jpg

DSC01247 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Now to save again for a couple more pieces I want to do.

Right, I've had a couple of days off work and uni. I've been thinking where to go with the car and completely stumped. Been thinking about change of wheels/interior/etc.

The only things I have planned are:

Stubby Drivers Mirror

De-Lock handles

Front splitter

Smaller front numberplate

Exhaust system

I don't want to change the interior as I have the heated leather and there's nothing wrong with it, can't justify it. Thinking of the audio route next, I know it's my car etc but what would you lot do to make it different?

Had to do a fair bit of driving recently & due to the nice weather a few extra miles on top :shades: I have noticed the tyres ALREADY starting to wear. Quicker than I honestly expected..... meh

Decided to give the car a quick wash last night as it was in a sorry state, began at 10pm as it was WAY too hot & muggy during the day besides I was at the sea side B) B) Only went over it quickly before a mate gave me a quick text to grab some photos an offer I can never refuse lol. :blush:

5876667673_10b87c17ff_b.jpg

1 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5876668371_e235a60304_b.jpg

2 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5876670081_4c526d21d0_b.jpg

3 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5877235014_f8cf337ce0_b.jpg

5 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5877239070_c427525346_b.jpg

7 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

I'm finally quite happy how it's sitting for once

Anyway, tomorrow is pay day :rolleyes: so hopefully there should be a few changes this month. Even I'm not sure yet... that's how secret it is!

Hopefully there will be a bigger update soon, I hope so lol.

Right travelled to Leicester Thursday night to pick up some stuff. Got to his around 12:30/1 as got lost twice on the way and had to stop for a toilet break haha :blush:

Picked up a fair few things actually, as my next route is audio.

5893212641_3456744b05_b.jpg

DSC01360 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Gave the amps a quick clean as they looked like they'd been sat in a garage for a while, came up quite nicely to be honest.

5893212857_2b65198eff_b.jpg

DSC01363 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5893212233_4b3ba980aa_b.jpg

DSC01358 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

And some custom made door cards

5893778692_851c9ed2a8_b.jpg

DSC01365 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Not a clue what to run off the amps yet, so anyone into audio lend me some advice please haha! Plan on doing a proper boot build to make it all pretty :wub:

Anyway, here's a few pictures from a local meet after BVF over the weekend:

5910217792_6f1b7b1e54_b.jpg

5909664183_24599590d1_b.jpg

5910224738_82095e1c15_b.jpg

Anyone know of any insurance companies to try which allow a 19 year old to insure modifications as I actually declare mine!!!!!!! http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.gif

Edited by Kent

Can you get anyone is your house to do multicar with you? And can you add your mum or gf to your policy as a named driver.

My boyfriend got his dad to do multicar and put me on his insurance, and he got hundreds knocked off. Just over £100 a month for a 21 year old driving a modded mkV golf ed30 isn't bad at all.

Otherwise try Sky insurance, that's who my bf used to be with on his old g40 that was the lowest for him by far at the time.

Edited by Verity

right not the best of weekends, decided to buy myself a LCR splitter yesterday from Seat and went to fit it today, cut it all down to size against the car all was going well!

Waited around for some ramps to be dropped off to lift the front to drill it through the bumper as can't jack it up as the jack won't even fit under the car FML! Even though the ramps weren't the steepest the front of my bumper was still gonna catch so into the garden to find some bricks or wood to use as a platform as I'm inpatient!

Came back with a couple of bricks drove the car up onto them, next thing I heard was a big bang before I made it onto the ramp, the brick on the right had simply given way and crumbled smashing my bumper on top of it. It has bent/dented/cracked both sides :angry:

2055gdc.jpg

i769tl.jpg

Need a replacement now GRR! A cheap £40 splitter has cost a fair bit more now!!

LOWNESS - 1 COOLNESS - 0

how gay!

I got my camber sorted on the tuesday gone, running -1.5 upfront & -2.5 rear. Took them a fair few hours to sort it but I think it looks spot on. Gives me the extra clearance especially on the rear so the coilovers were also dropped down.

Here's a couple of pics:

Did you notice any difference in handling?

ouch that sucks!! i thought you were saving for your insurance bud? gutted for your bumper :(

Yeah I was saving for insurance & still am, haven't been for a night on the town for months!! If I didn't get the bumper sorted it would have drove me mad, it was barely noticeable but I knew it was there! And my bodywork doesn't have a scratch or dent anywhere so just decided to sort it sooner rather than later and put it behind me!

Did you notice any difference in handling?

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it if you're going for handling! Especially in the wet it's not amazing, not terrible as I still give it some beans but it's not as firm. I only did it to get a bit lower.

Pick my bumper up tomorrow :)

im the same age 19 with a gti i pay £1800 with bell for 10 months fully comp with mum and sister as named didnt think tht was th bad at all!

you say u want a mx5 some advice i sold my lupo sport for a mx5 worst thing i have ever done i miss my lupo so much, which is why i am pickin up another gti tonight :D:D cannot wait to come back into the scene !!! also mx5 cost me £300 more thna sport did !!

I have got everything sorted with the bumper now, I think the colour match is spot on and the paint feels LUSH wub.gif

LCR splitter is on too, not sure if I like it now... looks a lot better on black cars angry.gif I'm really not too sure on it! hmm

Anyway here's a couple of pictures.

5976974761_072b4c24ce_b.jpg

Splitter - Front by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5976975293_b136788e13_b.jpg

Splitter - Side by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

So after going 10 steps backwards for just 1 step forward... I can now continue with my life after nearly pulling my hair out! laugh.gif

Audio next :shades: Doubt I can cock this up....... :coffee:

Edited by Kent