Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

I only work evenings at Argos Worcester lol!! So moneys tight for me as my insurance is a BOMB! Only just turned 19 now haha!

I was at the Rubbadubz meet @ Talbot, first time

I'd been, what car were you in?

Verity you from malvern?

We've not done a meet for about a year, seen your thread on the forum. I used to organise shows but got fed up with them TBH. Other half has a silver Furby with green bits and green and black wheels, can't miss it!

Next show for us will be DC, then Inters. The furby is goin with Briskoda, wether Rosie goes or not depends on if I can find a space for her somewhere. Was tempted to book some spaces in a random name, can usually find people who need display spaces

I only work evenings at Argos Worcester lol!! So moneys tight for me as my insurance is a BOMB! Only just turned 19 now haha!

I was at the Rubbadubz meet @ Talbot, first time

I'd been, what car were you in?

Verity you from malvern?

Yeah I live up on the hills (not far from the three counties, so i get to watch all the cars coming and going from BVF) and have the pleasure of working at Halfords in the retail park lol ;)

I'm surprised there arnt more meets around here. There's plenty of VW enthusiasts. At one point at my work everyone had a VW of some sort :) ...tho you both are the only locals I've found on a forum, except for one who's away at uni most of the time

I've been to Rubbadubz once too lol

Edited by Verity

We've spent a fortune in there on primer paint laquer and wet&dry lately! Will look at name tags next time we're in!

I only work 3 punie hours a day lol 2-5. I'm the blonde girl on the till :)

Come in a see meee :)

I'm all up for getting a meet together!

Tho I'm paranoid about the condition of my car ATM :(

• 4 weeks later...

Only a little update.

Not much has changed, bought a wider red grill trim from 99hjhm and gave the car a good clean which included the following:

- Bilt Clay Bar

- Dodo Juice Born to be mild shampoo

- AutoGlym super resin polish

- Dodo Juice Light Fantastic Wax

- Dodo Juice Red Mist detailer

- Poorboys tyre dressing

- Autoglym glass polish

Wheels were done over with AutoGlym metal polish & Poorboys wheel sealant. Took a fair few hours but it's looking all pretty.

Here's a few random pics I have, the 1st pic was taken before I polished & waxed the wheels and please excuse the cars watermarks, was taken during wash. :lol:

iqhrok.jpg

One a mate took, looking gormy as usual.

28iqglt.jpg

Have ordered camber shims for the rear and going to adjust the front camber slightly too, hoping to go lower all round see how much extra clearance I get from it.

Edited by Kent

looking good dude :)

Thanks mate, so many plans, so little money haha. Still envy yours :wub::wub:

Oh, Excuse me, where did you order those camber shims? Btw, veeeeery niiice loopie :)

Got them from eBay in the end, they're Eibach ones.

Right, few more pictures after another clean today.

5772000671_76ef861470.jpg

BBS Close Up by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5771732689_30e56ed24e.jpg

Noddy by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5771744817_e50199f364.jpg

Front BBS by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

The rear how it's currently sitting, should be lower next week and neg camber added.

5771757305_a5d47196a1.jpg

Rear BBS by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5772011661_84a8e3276e.jpg

BBS Rear Wheel by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5771767649_62349c9088.jpg

Shiny front by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Little sticker :) Should be sitting as I want soon, I hope! The coilies have been up & down more than my trousers after last nights curry!! :lol:

5772320558_e93ddb4fca.jpg

Sitting Pretty by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

Few pictures from Unity Cruise in Cardiff

5772244952_a288bc95f6.jpg

Unity Cruise - ACCLR8 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5771704009_5ae3d804df.jpg

Unity Cruise FastCar by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

I need a bit of advice really; was thinking of selling my RM's. I had them advertised for £975 as they are immaculate and all genuine BBS, bit steep I know but the tyres haven't even done 1000 and are Toyo T1-Rs, they still have the stripe around them!

I'm now undecided, I want to go different but not a clue what to go on. Looked at Borbet A's as not many GTis run them, or looked at building my RM's out.

What do I do?????? :blink:

---------------------

Apart from that nothing has changed yet, went to DubMania on Sunday saw a few nice Loops and some lurrrveeelyyy dubs. Only stayed for a couple of hours as we ended up getting bored and hayfever got the better of me.

My camber shims finally arrived and I've booked in with Midland VW (thanks to Fattty) for it to be given neg camber all round and my coilies adjusted to hopefully go lower but to even it out. Needs lowering MORE on left side due to petrol tank weighing right down.

---------------------

Few quick piccies: Please don't diss my mates C2, he wrote his old one off and insurance still raping him! B)

5796391255_180ed3f389_z.jpg

1 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5796978426_0d66e2d553_z.jpg

4 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5797001494_7cfedb0e04_z.jpg

7 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5797009136_ce1f0c81e7_z.jpg

8 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

5796481835_0b7faafa74_z.jpg

9 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

& how I want rear to sit!

5796957888_c7e5078e7b_z.jpg

DSC01178 by LupoGTi Photography, on Flickr

When money comes around, I have quite a few more plans nothing out of the ordinary. Just de-locking, plan on doing the door handles + de-lock in red to match the wheels. Going to photoshop it to see how it looks, don't want it standing out too much. Stubby drivers side mirror, new headunit. Going to do the subtle things before anything else.

But please, help me with my wheel dilemma!!! :)

Looks very smart :wub:

Have you turned your indicators into fogs or something? :confused:

Tom

On the rear? If so they're Cambridge rear lights as apposed to standard ones, they're the SE model spec lights. :P

No, I meant on the front :lol:

Just realised I have been a total mong. They are normal fog's on the front arent they, and the indicators on the front are in the main headlights on GTI's?

I'm more confused now :lol:

GTi's done have front fog lights!! Unless someone robbed my switch, the indicators are in the big cluster with main beam, the smaller cluster is for sidelights & full beam. lol :blush: