Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

Wow, looks amazing! What are your wheel/tyre specs now then with the new dishes on?
Thanks mate, same to you! Yours is sitting really well now, they're still 7.5 front & 8 rear on 185/45/15s, however the radinox dishes are slightly thinner than the aluminum as the metal is stronger! I should have bought seating rings but the tiny bit less width helps with them just missing arch!
Wheels look awesome Ross, really done a good job with them! Now rememeber, take them off for winter this time :P
Radinox has no fear of winter hahah
One of the best lupo. belissimmo!
Thanks a lot, haha I did intend to run these through winter :wub: that's one reason I went radinox, whether I will or not I'll decide nearer the time! I still have the old dishes & bolts so if I can find some barrels I'll build a new set for winter, but I am interested to see if the radinox hype is true with them just wiping clean!! I haven't tried driving without tyres though like in the promotional video haha!

Tbh when you run them through winter they just end up looking **** unless you wash them every day. I put mine on when it was snowing for a shoot and by the time i got there they were caked with muck. I had to go and buy a bottle of 19p water from tesco to wash them haha

Tbh when you run them through winter they just end up looking **** unless you wash them every day. I put mine on when it was snowing for a shoot and by the time i got there they were caked with muck. I had to go and buy a bottle of 19p water from tesco to wash them haha

Yours radinox are they? I didn't think I'd have that problem from what other people said, or at least they won't need sanding like my aluminium! Eek

Wouldn't recommend just wiping them if the muck is any older than a day/ isn't just brake dust. Stones and grit can still scratch it, they're not totally indestructible like that famous video suggests :P

Clean them the usual way with soapy water etc and they should stay shiny :)

Yours radinox are they? I didn't think I'd have that problem from what other people said, or at least they won't need sanding like my aluminium! Eek

Nah mines are stainless. Yeah it's quick to clean but as Joe says you'll need to use shampoo which will soon become annoying

If you want to keep them in show condition Ross dont run them through winter. Radinox or not they will tarnish and dull down which will be a crying shame after all the hard work you put in.

Alex

If you want to keep them in show condition Ross dont run them through winter. Radinox or not they will tarnish and dull down which will be a crying shame after all the hard work you put in.

Alex

Haha, I wasn't meant to run the old ones :(

With my track record and cleaning them daily...... I think I will take them off!

My plan is to find some barrels and make a new set with the old aluminium dishes once I strip and sand those back up just for winter. I think I'd be too scared especially running nankangs and risk either curbing or chipping the paint as ill have to drive through winter on country roads to work!

Caring bunch you lot aren't you :) xox

Edited by Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Went to inters on the Saturday, didn't take mine but rode up in a mates 1.8t mk2 golf... mm :innocent: So want to 1.8t mine now haha.

The Lupo's were all pretty nice, saw a few off here which was good and the quality of them was top notch, well done guys.

And because I didn't go, here's one from a local twotwenty meet from last night.

9249668961_b11c79cc7b_c.jpg
. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

:shades:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it'll be staying the same this year and hopefully have a few changes happening over the winter which I'm really excited for, gives me a little while to save too. Here's a few more photos from our TwoTwenty meet in Worcester.

9316167212_44c203a5ac_c.jpg
TwoTwenty. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
9316165674_4ca5e9fbda_c.jpg
9316166178_cda320f5c8_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Saw your first pictures of it looking normal, then skipped to the end. Poor car had a stroke, all stupidly low now.

I wish my part of the country didn't have potholes. Smash your sump in if you came to hampshire :o damn council

Thanks a lot for the kind comments.

And thank god for the button haha, unfortunately I do drive it pretty low. Driving with 30PSI in the front bags, and 35 in the rears, driving with dish about half an inch from arch and splitter about half an inch from the floor on the front.. :innocent:

Kind of wanted it so I could drive low and park lower, but with the ease of getting places I previously couldn't and not ruining it scraping over speedbumps.

I still want the front down a little more to match the rear, I'm not sure whether to add a bit more negative camber upfront or whether to get rid of the arb.. we'll see. But as anyone with a GTi will know, the beam is not perfect. The drivers side wheels poke 1cm more than that of the passenger side which drives me insane when air'd out. I think the only simple way I can sort this is machining the backs of 2 of the BBS... :rant:

Here's a few photos from All Dubs and Dub Club meets over the last couple of weeks.

9437342178_f1ec7958a6_c.jpg
/ by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
9434564537_bb6894f375_c.jpg
9437342636_d3fba98813_c.jpg
9437342316_bed36ca79f_c.jpg

I still can't wait to sort the next plan out which I'm keeping hush :innocent: Should hopefully have the rest of the money saved to have it all done over winter. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you 'drive it low and park lower', that's the way it should be IMO. I've seen a few bagged cars at shows, then seen them driving home at quite a sensible height and they don't look anywhere near as cool. If I got air ride I'd want to drive it at the height mine is now.

Some of the 'garaged show' cars drive back at stupid heights, most of my mates think I'm stupid scraping about knowing I can lift it up, but... I just love the look of it, I've spent time & £ getting it so it can go low with notch, arch work, wheel/tyre spec so may aswell drive it low.

I'll try and get a photo of my driving height haha!

• 1 month later...

Not really much of an update but I'm pretty crap at keeping this up to date at the moment.

I've just been happy driving it at the moment especially with the nicer weather, pretty pleased with it at the moment which is a first as always been wanting this or that.

We camped at ED38 again this year but unfortunately overslept sunday morning to enter the show & shine :ninja: pretty glad as we were knackered anyway so parked on the outskirts to slip away. :innocent:

And just got back now from Players, the car got accepted in the hanger which was pretty cool. I normally prefer not showing my car and simply just going to have a laugh & not worrying about competing/cleaning and hanging about but was nice to see it inside & out of the rain. :clap:

I'm rubbish at writing stuff so here's a few photos from both ED & Players.

9664642706_20cc1058cc_c.jpg
9763895774_14f4e29a09_c.jpg
ED by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
9763964713_90ef036709_c.jpg
ED1 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

And from Players today.

9763518791_9be1d36248_c.jpg
Players. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Players is the last show for me this year and can't wait to get all the changes done and excited to try and get everything done ready for UD over winter. Been saving and planning for over a year so really hope it all works out right. :yes:

Need to sort a few other things out, wanting to get my fitment spot on and hopefully run arch resting between dish & tyre.. not easy on 15". Plans are to cut and weld up my sump as that's always smashing the floor now too as I wanted air to drive lower than I did, I can't help but to keep pushing it and currently driving tucking tyre, with the front about 1" off the floor.. sump even lower... :rant:

Not sure how to go, chop arb off, a little more arch work, cut sump, more camber on the rear and sort out fixing the common problem on GTI's of the drivers side rear poking more than the passenger side. :paperbag: Should be fun.

But...... SO EXCITED FOR THE MAIN CHANGE. Hopefully my next update will be in a few months just before UD. :innocent: