Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

• 5 months later...

High class, Kent. Just pure high class. I like that ipad setup.

Magnificent!!!

Awesome Ross, simply stunning mate! I think your GTI is the best around at the moment, get the engine bay spanking clean and I'd be all over it!

Nice to see my old RM's (well the barrels at least) are still around too :D

Alex

This is definitely one of my favourite lupo Gti's :)

Agree

Cheers everyone :innocent:

Engine bay wise... yeah I should really. I've done a few things with it - I ditched the BMC induction hosing off, was a right mess but did the job. Replaced it all with ASH black silicone hosing, ran it the same route and into the front arch as standard. I still haven't got the carbon engine cover on or measured up, needs a bit of cutting. I've also added a Porsche 911 oil cap & coolant cap. It's tidy, but by no means is it really show standard, but I'm still using the car daily.

Thought I'd update with a couple of recents from ED38 and just round about, not really done many shows this year.. not in my car anyways.

20628451421_e9bc603631_c.jpgaudio. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

20628444841_c58d917efe_c.jpgaudio. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

20435123829_4ede85df08_c.jpgaudio. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

21091374319_c58654a8ae_c.jpgJust before we left for home after ED38. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

21205714410_3f069bec8f_c.jpgedition. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

21570364655_945e56a93b_c.jpgFill up. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

21382482578_d320df7d9f_c.jpgFill up. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Lupo is looking great, don't know why you say its not show standard, I'd beg to differ!

Do you know the guy with the Up! in front of you? Is that Davec from the Up! Owner's Club?

Lupo is looking great, don't know why you say its not show standard, I'd beg to differ!

Do you know the guy with the Up! in front of you? Is that Davec from the Up! Owner's Club?

Cheers bud, just need to sort engine bay out really to get that upto standard.. everything else I'm happy with, not to everyone's taste inside but I love it.

And yeah, well I guess so - sounds like a username he'd use anyway. He's one of my best mates, we're both from Worcester.

• 3 months later...
On 7 October 2015 at 10:24 PM, adesignercallednick said:

Beautiful Car!! Can I ask, the steering wheel? I'm assuming the controls don't work with the Lupo, but have you got the airbag wired up?

On 9 October 2015 at 9:26 AM, adesignercallednick said:

Also - sorry for all the questions - your tailgate handle is the business - who did it? would kinda like one myself!

The controls don't work no, the airbag is however wired up properly rather than using a resistor so yeah, that can be done.  The 6R boot I picked up from a scrapyard, and someone I know at a local bodyshop welded it in & painted it up.

I don't update this enough, just popped on after someone telling me I was 2015 Interior of the year, which is pretty cool.. considering I had no idea people suggested me - so thankyou, it actually means a lot.

On that topic, a couple of months ago the install was slightly switched up again.  I got a bit tired of the tank being bare, so had the tank trimmed in alcantara to fit in with the rest of the build, with a stripe of the colour in the amp rack/door cards to split it up a little.. had some hardlines added just to spice things up. 

Rear t-piece trimmed, and mainly the entire floor was rebuilt to extend the area around the amp rack after I'd upgraded to the Mosconi Amps from the Rainbow iPaul's I had a couple of years back.  In doing this we added a strip of edge lighting, changed all the LED strips from red to white & retrimmed.  It was a lot of work for what essentially looks the same as before, but I really wanted a strip to light up that box. 

I've upgraded to the new Airlift 3P management at the same time, not for any reason.. just that it as new & looked a bit more modern, the iPhone Bluetooth app is pretty nice too, essentially the same as the Accuair E-Level bluetooth app, but nice to have, it has a few nice features.  I think I was one of the first to mount it horizontally, I was adamant I wanted it in the same location as V2, it's built into the lid of the ashtray which is then trimmed in alcantara.  The ashtray slides back into the dash recess with the management controller fitted flush. 

Mosconi Bluetooth streaming has also been added, no idea why this took me so long to do.  Can now jump in with just my phone if I'm in a hurry & stream from there, there's no loss of audio quality either, not that I've noticed.  Still using lossless audio files.

Here's a few photos from the last few months:

22087822043_813d547782_c.jpgUltimate Stance - SIC by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

22708999425_12629a6820_c.jpgUltimate Stance - SIC by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

22086186774_060711fe89_c.jpgUltimate Stance - SIC by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

23520960375_358feab418_c.jpgAirlift 3P by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

23333727930_c7ba36e446_c.jpgUntitled by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

23152960679_da068908e5_c.jpgAudio IG - @kentgti by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

23603306676_e31d94cc56_c.jpgUntitled by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

If anyone wants to follow my build, I'm not on here enough.. my instagram is @kentgti which is kept pretty upto date. 

Edited by Kent

• 3 months later...

finally decided to get these on after they'd sat in the garage for a few years, took more work than I thought.. but should be good.  16" BBS RS's, been plugged & redrilled to 4x100, then had clearance issues.. had them milled down at a local machining place, lots and lots of trial & error but all good now + had a general tidy up.

radinox dishes all round, stainless gold bolts + gold valves.. just to decide on the finish now.  Going pretty wide, for a Lupo anyway, so fingers crossed all is good on test fit.

26257402020_157f2430a1_k.jpgRS, machined down to clear. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

26305569813_e8b5c99ec3_k.jpgRS's. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

26933508902_0ffec670cd_k.jpgBBS RS testfit - @kentgti by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

we'll get there, 9.5 & 10s.. needs some camber adjustments etc, didn't air fully out due to arches but should sit arch\lip.  Also rebuilt most of the rear install, no photos yet.  

I never get on here anymore, dunno if this is me signing off but for anyone interested in following my build/whatever, my instagram is @kentgti 

x

Edited by Kent