Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

Thought I'd start one of these up as I do plan on slowly modifying when moneys less tight!

I picked my 6 speed Lupo GTI up in early October this year so just over a month ago, got it for a decent price as he had a kid and couldn't fit a pram in the back. I had wanted one for ages but being only 18 had to save my money as only 1 year NCB! It had 28,500 on the clock with a VW51 plate, had 2 previous owners and well looked after by both. Had the optional extras of Phatnoise hardrive in boot, MCD sat nav, heated leather seats and air conditioning.

This is it when I first picked it up from bournemouth - sorry about low quality pics

IMG_0125-1.jpg

IMG_0129-1.jpg

IMG_0122-1.jpg

Finally home! Began with a clean and some subtle modifications: - Pressed plates/Red trim which I'd ordered.

DSC01118-1.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121-1.jpg

DSC01117-1.jpg

DSC01116-1.jpg

IMG_0183-1.jpg

IMG_0199-1.jpg

Red grill trim on

IMG_0200-1.jpg

IMG_0202-1.jpg

And my little helper

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0281-1.jpg

IMG_0280-1.jpg

Box arrived with lights/new wipers/badge and new centrecaps due to corrosion on the old ones thanks to LupoBoz - Great bloke

IMG_0284.jpg

Cleaning behind light was like a home for 50 spiders :$

IMG_0287.jpg

One standard/cambridge light

IMG_0289.jpg

And both on with rear sharran badge 90mm as I had a bug bear with old one, and new Polo aerial.

And finally a sneaky trip to Weston smile.gif

IMG_0251-1.jpg

Modifications so far:

KW V1's

BBS RM's

Pressed metal plates

Polo 9n2 Rear aero wiper

Red grill trim

Silver anti-theft aerial

Cambridge rear lights

Smaller rear VW badge - Sharran 90mm

GTI door sills

LED Sidelights (match GTI Xenons) - Forgot to get a picture

LED Interior Light

LED Numberplate lights

De-wipered

Lupo badge removed from rear

Stubby Aerial - Polo

Flip Key

TO DO List:

Lower on KW Variant 1 Inox coilovers.

BMC CDA induction kit

BBS RM's

G60 brake upgrade

Rear ARB

Audi oil cap

Edited by Kent

• 4 months later...

Nothing much new has happened, bought some enkei mesh 92's which I planned to fit to the lupo, were a split decision buy they were of stupid offset -5 and -15 with spacers... sold them on for a little profit never go for quick decisions!!!!!

239zye.jpg

b6biug.jpg

I have a new aerial off a polo, changed numberplate lights to ice white which are on the newer audis/bmws, changed the sidelights to some blue to match the xenons. Gone through 4 pairs of sidelights trying to get the match.

bought a bonnet bra, got it from autobra and they still will honour the group buy price for clublupo members.. even though the group buy was back in 2010! only going to use it for long distances as I find it quite ugly.

Lamin-x'd the front lights in the gun smoke tint, it's a right nightmare to fit and the light output is SLIGHTLY affected.

Clublupo sticker on front windscreen and rear along with an angry birds sticker on the back, performance VW sticker is coming off soon though although I like the placement of a sticker there....

I have also carbon fibred a few parts of the interior.

KW V1 Inox are on order from AwesomeGTI and will be fitted as soon as they arrive I hope. :)

ayketd.jpg

I have mainly spent my money replacing interior door handles and grab handles, changed one cup holder to coin tray and have a flip key now.

Plans after lowering are a custom AAS catback exhaust and Enkei 92's which I had bought but found out enkei are remaking them in 4x100 and a more suitable ET and black instead of gold!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Took the 4 and a bit hour roundtrip just over a week ago to AwesomeGTI where I had my KW V1's fitted, was a lovely place and everybody was very friendly there (I wouldnt recommend the local pubs though haha) :lol: :lol:

Apart from that nothing much has changed, I have fitted my 5th pair of sidelights trying to get them to match my Xenons and am pretty happy now. They are more white with a SLIGHT blue tinge only if you look at them from certain angles. And still have fitted ice white numberplate lights and interior bulb.

Lamin-x has been removed due to the light output being crap with their darkest tint. :( Not a happy bunny

I am picking some BBS RM's up this Saturday in staggered offset in 15's. Keeping the 6.5j upfront and 7.5 rear. They are done in mars red. I know I'm going down the 'scene' route but I've always loved BBS RM's so thought why not.

P010311_115002-1.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

And here are some pictures I took today first pics since being lowered!

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

(not me in the photo)

2r7lrpu.jpg

Can't wait for the new wheels woopdewoop! :wub:

Edited by Kent

Don't beat too hard on him, he wrote his other c2 off which was LOVELLLY! :wub:

He has few plans for it but finding it hard with insurance, and whoooops guess I got bored trying to edit pictures it's tedious enough uploading them lol!

The only exciting part of my plate is VW at start, rest is irrelevant to me but when car was first bought back in 01, was bought as a Xmas present for first owners wife and her name was Judith!! Apparently he paid £900 for it through VW as it's registered on car.

hehe!

I dont wanna stay standard was bored of that with my old car!!

When I do mod more dont plan on doing cheap things, dont want it going tacky like I could have gone low on cheaper coilies but dont want to ruin it in my eyes. Sorry if that sounds gay!

Traveled down to Stoke to pick them up on Saturday from a bloke off ED, they've been on a MK1 golf for a while which had no engine in so only pushed in & out of garage.

They're BBS RM012's, in staggered 6.5 & 7.5 15" finished in mars red with Toyo T1R's 195/45/15's all round!

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

looks high on the last pic :$ think it's the drive.. lol

Now got to stop spending :(

Edited by Kent

No it's absolutely fine, I can just fit my little finger in the gap on the front when full lock is on. Although the roads here are TERRIBLE and they dig the potholes deeper before filling them..... If I hit one quite quickly then it will give a quick squeak with the tyre hitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok another little update.

I've removed the Lupo badge off the rear and de-wipered. Both were a pain in the arse :lol: the glue from debadging takes forever and a day to get off. I was using bug & tar remover, fairy liquid and 10 million bottles of elbow grease :( De-wipering wasn't quite as bad. I used a 25mm glass wiper blank which fits quite flush and is a spot on colour match imo!

You can't see it too well in this picture but I got carried away with my camera the other night :wub: :wub:

DSC00483.jpg

I also visited Greg Howell @ Southam Bodies yesterday to get all 4 arches rolled due to me getting scrubbing, was a 3 hour roundtrip but well worth it. Luckily only 1 TINY piece of paint chipped off and that was what got folded under, thank god. I was nervous as hell hearing him smashing into my car with a rubber mallet! On the way home I hit every drain/dip in the road where I normally scrub and it was fine, gives quite a bit more clearance which means LOWEERRRRR!!!! :lol: :lol:

And here's a few random pics I took after work the other night!

DSC00503.jpg

LupoGTI3.jpg

LupoGTI2.jpg

saw you car today coming out of malvern retail park, did a double take cos I thought I reconised it.

looks really stunning! a real standout car :wub:

Were you in the Polo GTi? Never seen yours around before looked larrvely! lol