Rear suspension creaking noise?

Ever since having my AP Coilovers fitted there has been an annoying creaking noise from the rear that has become more frequent recently. You can hear it even at very low speeds turning the car slightly and over some humps. At first I thought it might be rear boot as theres abit of play in it if you push your weight down on it. Other thought was that it was the rear dampers and where they connect to the rear top mounts causing the sound? (Where the dampers fix at the top of the mounts). But I've checked and I'm sure everything is fitted correctly and springs are in properly. Any one have any idea what this is? It definitely started once the coilovers were fitted, but could it just be down to the suspension now being stiffer and amplifying any creaks and noises in the rear of the car?

Thanks,

Josh

I guess at least that assures me its not a problem with the fitting of the coilovers or anything else. Seems the stiffer ride makes any creaks/ noises more prominent. Will just have to live with it I suppose :(

Things have to move to creak really so it's not meant to creak.

Mine were fitted properly the topmounts etc were fine, all i can assume is it may possibly be the beam bushes.

EDIT- actually i feel i may put money on that lol

Edited by Bickerton

Things have to move to creak really so it's not meant to creak.

Mine were fitted properly the topmounts etc were fine, all i can assume is it may possibly be the beam bushes.

EDIT- actually i feel i may put money on that lol

No its not the bushes my lupo is fully poly bushed and it still creeks :P next step invistigate the boot!

• 2 weeks later...