2 weeks of learning photoshop

BEP51

Not bad, smoothing came out well.

I tried to get into Photoshop, gave up, my brother is pretty good, so get him to do it. :lol:

it does take a while to get the hang of.

list of changes:

-Lowered

-Car colour changed from yellow to Fiat 500 Cream

-Tinted lights

-Whole wingmirrors painted and smoothed

-All front bumper parts smoothed and joined to bodywork (couldnt smooth bonnet in as well as it would be a bit impractical)

-Smoothed arches

-Side panels joined to roof bars

-Lower door lip smoothed out

-Side indicators removed

-Plate removed

-Gti inspired lower front bumper

-Lower bumper coloured to match

-Rear wheel spaced slightly from chassis

-Alloys changed to black

-Repainted front VW badge (a bit poor on quality but after all the smoothing the resolution dropped a bit)

-Tinted GT badge

-Removed side strips

... and i just realised that i wanted to smooth the roof gulleys in as well so nobody gets the roof bubbling problem again!

Edited by BEP51

• 2 weeks later...

A prediction of what my car will end up like middle of next year.

carwithdecaliii.jpg

didnt realise i made a slight lowering error on photoshop, bit over bonnet went wrong, i forgot where to outline and cut. but still looks ok and i didnt notice till now anyway lol.

Edited by BEP51
  • Like 1

very few ppol pay for it, thats why it costs so much, lots of laptops have it preloaded now. but it just takes a few little projects to get the rough idea of it, its not as complicated as it first seems, the key points are merging layers, cutting bits out, maintaining resolution and learning how to recolour areas.

just keep fiddling with it, practice using the polygonic lasso tool to cut round parts of a car photo and try to learn how to lower it by cutting and pasting layers. one useful tip: if something doest work for any obvious reason, try pressing enter first.

another tip: right click, select inverse (useful for cutting things out)

lol, didnt actually mean the auto lasso, i meant just the normal selector one, i assumed it had sum xtra ending after polygonic. the auto lasso one just gives u an instant headache as it defies even obvious lines, found that out v early.

nice i like it, but one problem if all lupos left the factory like that and you had a prang how do you change say the front bumper? lol

nice i like it, but one problem if all lupos left the factory like that and you had a prang how do you change say the front bumper? lol

• 2 weeks later...

They would come with a warning sticker on the steering wheel saying, do not crash!

That made do a LOL.

Tone the saturation down a bit, the images are all a bit too colorful.

i know it is quite high contrast etc. but i did take my time, to find how it looked best and did do another sharper paler version of the above and just as i pressed save, my laptop crashed and i lost everything, so couldnt put that up :(, shame cos it looked far better, maybe will do it again if i can be bothered 2moro, but it takes about 2 hours.

• 2 years later...