Stretched tyres, how do insurance feel about them?

marcusgrant

And what about when the person that you crashed with tells the police or insurance that you swapped wheels at the scene?

I had stretched tyres and I never worried about it, although it is something to think about.

• 3 months later...

Well done on bumping a 4 month old thread!

The widest fixed part of the car is, on a Lupo the door handles or the mirror base, the mirror and cap its self can be folded flat so isn't considered a fixed part.

The widest fixed part of the car is, on a Lupo the door handles or the mirror base, the mirror and cap its self can be folded flat so isn't considered a fixed part.

****.....didnt know there was a rule about not commenting on a thread that is more than a couple of months old. Just adding my perspective my bad

So if you have non folding after market mirrors you can run moar pokes ? :coffee:

Have a copy of both the VOSA mot inspection rules, and also the motor vehicle regulations act of 1996 (what the police should go by)..

The wheels are not checked on MOT for poke as far as the VOSA guide states, however in the vehicle regs (exemptions)..

The projections section of the regs state "wheels, if there are no pointed or sharp features which projects beyond the external plane of the wheel rim, no wing nuts are fitted and there are no projections beyond the vehicle body plan form apart from tyres and wheel discs, if the latter have a radius of curvature of not less than 30 mm and do not project by more than 30 mm beyond the vehicle body plan form"

References incase anyone has issues with the plod for poke... VOSA http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

The Motor Vehicles (Approval) Regulations 1996: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1996/3013/contents/made

Edited by Asbo

Have a copy of both the VOSA mot inspection rules, and also the motor vehicle regulations act of 1996 (what the police should go by)..

The wheels are not checked on MOT for poke as far as the VOSA guide states, however in the vehicle regs (exemptions)..

The projections section of the regs state "wheels, if there are no pointed or sharp features which projects beyond the external plane of the wheel rim, no wing nuts are fitted and there are no projections beyond the vehicle body plan form apart from tyres and wheel discs, if the latter have a radius of curvature of not less than 30 mm and do not project by more than 30 mm beyond the vehicle body plan form"

References incase anyone has issues with the plod for poke... VOSA http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

The Motor Vehicles (Approval) Regulations 1996: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1996/3013/contents/made

this was also stated in a PVW or golf plus mag a wile back, so i just carry the mag with me so i can show the rozzers if i ever get tugged.

• 3 months later...

Mmm. I had a new Mini Cooper with the Chili pack and full leather. You don't need to declare it as a seperate modification because it's factory fitted (ie a standard car) rather than retro fitted by the dealer or A.N.Other. As such the Salt, Pepper and Chili packs were referred to as supplementary trim levels on the model range.

As far as I know, this still holds true for all new cars with factory options.

I agree with you. However you are wrong! Insurance companies dont have the same view! Factory fitted extras have to be decleared (tho like you I wouldnt bother) as no one else does! I was told leather in a TT was an optional extra and a mod I had to declear! I just agrued it was factory fit on ALL 225 models!