Oil Breather Pipes...What have you done with yours?

LaydeeNina

I looked into this thoroughly when i done mine...

and came up with the answer the best solution was just as VW intended... re-routed back into the Throttle Body without a catch tank... i just clean my TB every 10k

heres my pics of what i have done, kept hose black to look OEM... best i've seen tbh

basically the same as what i did with mine, i didnt ask about it before doing it, i just thought about it logically.

Sorry, i dont know enough about engines to trust my logic, i thought it best to get advice off those that know more. Thanks for all the help. This is gunna be a pretty big job for me as a bit of a mechanical noob.

Sorry, i dont know enough about engines to trust my logic, i thought it best to get advice off those that know more. Thanks for all the help. This is gunna be a pretty big job for me as a bit of a mechanical noob.

soz as i know a little offence was taken there, none was against u for asking, i did it first on my polo 1.4 and learnt not to leave the breather pipe with a filter on the end cos of the constant oil smell, so i corrected the design when i got my lupo, it was just that so many people insist on putting it before the filter and argue it is somehow better, it is to them that i put the lack of logic, not u. ;)

on my polo the ID had to be 51mm on my lupo either 61/63 cant remember, dont know if the gti is the same, easiest way to check is quickly pop the airbox out and check with a ruler. Then just look over ebay for 90 degree reducing bends, (or however u are going to do it? probably like above is best, a t piece, and a single reducing 90 degree pipe instead of the two bits, with just a metal inside joiner that u hose clip up. u need to check the size of the bmc too, if u can find both the size for the bmc and the throttle, i can list all the things u will probs need inc. the piping as above to fit from the breather to the t.

cool ideal, ive just been on apmotorstore.co.uk good website that seems to stock everything i should need. The parts being sent to me with my bmc are a 70mm silicone 90 deg bend, and 70mm PVC ducting ( a good length to get to the original intake. Like you said ill have to run a t segment straight after the 90 deg bend, have a small 90 deg bend coming off the T then run some piping to oil breather pipe with appropriate reducers and joints. Then brace the bmc somewhere?? (thats another thing, where do you brace it with the metal strut?) and then run from the T segment to the bmc, then from the cda to the existing intake pipe in the wing using the pvc ducting. MISSION!! i cant wait :)

Edited by hunid-brake

cool ideal, ive just been on apmotorstore.co.uk good website that seems to stock everything i should need. The parts being sent to me with my bmc are a 70mm silicone 90 deg bend, and 70mm PVC ducting ( a good length to get to the original intake. Like you said ill have to run a t segment straight after the 90 deg bend, have a small 90 deg bend coming off the T then run some piping to oil breather pipe with appropriate reducers and joints. Then brace the bmc somewhere?? (thats another thing, where do you brace it with the metal strut?) and then run from the T segment to the bmc, then from the cda to the existing intake pipe in the wing using the pvc ducting. MISSION!! i cant wait :)

mine, like the guy above, isnt braced (i have no cold air feed), but for me it makes a better noise! (very gutteral and not an unbelievable noise for the engine and car) i would video the noise it makes accelerating, but sound quality on my camera is so **** u wouldnt hear a thing :/ sounds like the gti throttle body is bigger than a sports, may think about how hard it will be to fit a gti one to mine?

what a gti tb onto a sport? I think they are slightly bigger. would be interesting. where do you run you hose to then? cant wait to hear this noise that everyone bangs on about. Ive already got the janspeed cat back fitted so this should compliment it slightly. I'll upload some pics of doing it and then post em up. Might even do a little 'how to' so other people can see how to route the breather pipe to the tb easily. Will see. Plus i spose thats a bit pedantic others may disagree.

Always happy to help if u need it, doubt u will tho, should manage ok.

59413_428057088541_756508541_5073070_1151352_n.jpg

no casing or air feed round mine, just a stainless steel 15 quid cone! i tried a cotton cone, but prefferred this one somehow, a more natural sound (never heard a bmc tbh). I know cold air is better for it and it couldnt really be in a worse place. but honestly i noticed no difference to before, i think that less restriction compensated for the warmer air. plus u get a far better throttle response, where before u could hit the pedal on the floor and bring it up without the engine moving from idle, now it is virtually simultaneous.

mine, like the guy above, isnt braced (i have no cold air feed), but for me it makes a better noise! (very gutteral and not an unbelievable noise for the engine and car) i would video the noise it makes accelerating, but sound quality on my camera is so **** u wouldnt hear a thing :/ sounds like the gti throttle body is bigger than a sports, may think about how hard it will be to fit a gti one to mine?

yeah you dont want them braced in tight like i've seen most on here... mines was orignally like that and i could honestly of farted louder...

how it is now its flipping awesome... when vvt comes in it sounds like vtec changeover lol :shades:

induction kits need to move a bit

• 8 years later...