Engine swap

Alex160

Hello from Norway :)

Bought a 1.0 Lupo the other day. It was a nice car, and I really needed one as my old car died :)

Anyways.. the 1.0 is SLOW! Specially since my last now dead car had 160hp..

If I wanted to do a engine swap sometime in the future, which engine would be best?

Is there an engine that fits directly into the mounts, or do I have to move the mounts not matter which engine i put in it? which conversion is the easiest?

Don't have any experience with these things, since I didn't have any interest in cars until I bought my first one 2 years ago..

Maybe I should have bought a lupo with a bigger engine, but all the lupos are imported in Norway, and very few have imported anything else than the 1.0. So there was only 1.0's for sale :)

Use the search function mate, countless threads on this.

Or you could have just told me if any of the engines fits directly into the org. mounts if you knew? Would have taken you the exact ammount of time to write..

Been searching.. but most of the threads are long, and I found no direct answer to my question..

Or you could have just told me if any of the engines fits directly into the org. mounts if you knew? Would have taken you the exact ammount of time to write..

Been searching.. but most of the threads are long, and I found no direct answer to my question..

There is not an easy engine swap unfortunately, even upgrading to a 1.4 will require upgrading/replacement of parts.

If you're looking for similar power to your original car then a 1.8T from a Golf, A3 or similar can be fitted for reasonable costs by most garages that carry out engine conversions and will give ample power.

Depends on how much power you're after really.

There is not an easy engine swap unfortunately, even upgrading to a 1.4 will require upgrading/replacement of parts.

If you're looking for similar power to your original car then a 1.8T from a Golf, A3 or similar can be fitted for reasonable costs by most garages that carry out engine conversions and will give ample power.

Depends on how much power you're after really.

Thanks for the reply :)

Not after the same ammount of power, just after a bit more power.. would never be able to get 1,8T approved in the lupo :P The norwegians are strict on that.. Only engines delivered in the car originally are allowed.. So I guess a 1,4 or a 1,6.. Changing out parts is also ok :) Just wondered about the engine mounts.. but if I have to change em anyways, I guess the 1,6 is the way to go ^^

• 2 weeks later...

what is the engine code of the lupo ? as i have swapped my aer engine for a aee 1.6 and it is a straight swap plug and play just change the ecu aswell and get the new ecu coded and you are away

• 6 years later...