Iphone 3g v Iphone 3gs

little rich

How do all, iv just got a 3g 16gb & My uncle's just got a 3Gs 8gb which im going to sell for him,

I can keep either one and sell the other, and make up the money if need be,

Just wondering is the internet speed a big difference between them?

I have no experience with the net on either of them,

Also 8gb seems a bit small? Do these app things take up much memory?

And il probably have 500 ish songs to go on...

Thanks in advance from a novice :lol:

Rich.

iphone 3g is slow and crap, despite less memory 3gs is better as it takes the new iOS well whereas the 3g just dies with the new update.

Edited by joeadamou

i think the original iphone, isnt 3G compatible if im correct? and the internet speed between the two is big, and between the 3gs and the 4 even bigger, theres not much between the iphone4 and the 3Gs tbh, except for looks, internet speed and camera(s) theyre pretty much the same.

I have the 3g and my dad has iPhone 4.

Internet speed is different, my mates 3gs is much faster.

The new operating system is absolute shizz as far as i care, it made my phone slow and my dad cant seem to get the hang of categories.

Also, mine is jailbroken and i cant be arsed with updating then jailbreaking all over again so i just tend to stick with the same version.

16gb and 8gb, i have 16gb and i wish it was 32gb rich, so keep the larger one.

I just got a BB storm 2, quality! 3g is less future proof, if ur gna keep that one then backdate the ps. Only problem with that is some apps don't work unless you have latest iOS!

Cheers for the input,

All this tech stuff i dont understand!

atm im thinking of keeping the 3g as i can get 300 for the 3gs on ebay, and just use it as a phone/ipod,

I dont have internet on my contract so cba to get it,

Any one know if/when the iPhone 5 comes out? wouldnt mind starting a fresh when that comes out...

Rich.

At one of me last places of work there was a lad with a 3G and we had 3GS's he used to get annoyed to hell with his. Though there are things through jailbreaking which help out I've heard.

Your I have a 3GS 16gb recently jailbroken. It's like having a new phone again.

7540df3e.jpg

Edited by Tallika_Fan

I used MIM to rename the carrier. The theme is a dbar one called Green Leaf modded by Kleinmone. Has a nice simple lock screen and cones with some cool sounds.

I have a few blank icons in there to help with the spacing.

Simple enough to get new themes on if you use ones that aren't in the cydia app store. The only thing that needs fixing with the current one is the font for the clock.