The Mk2F Polo

lupoluke

Find my self coming back here more ofthen so thought i would pop a thread up (just copied from another forum mind)

I did have a 6n after the lupo, but i hated it :).

Make: Volkswagen

Model: Polo Match Coupe

Year: 1994

Engine: 1043cc 8v

Mods:

Late spec tinted rear lights

Dewipered rear

Lowerd 60/60

Debadged Grill

Checquared boot build

G60 steels with 165/50`s

Heres a few pics of the mk3 i picked up today, wont be on the road for a while so i can have a play with it :).

mk3.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

Photo0250.jpg

polo.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

Had a think about the car, and i dont really want to change much now, just clean it up really :).

Changed a vacuum pipe today and before i knew it i was attacking the engine bay with some cleaner and a cloth, heres how it is so far, unfortunetly 99% of the tools i needed i left at work so its not perfect just yet.

Photo0262.jpg

Photo0264.jpg

Decided about 3 hours ago that i will be bringing the polo to edition, so got a bit to do in a few days.

The cars suddenly developed a slight missfire, so just orderd dizzy cap, rotor arm leads, plugs. And while im there im goin to give it a full service inc all filters the previous owner said these was done how ever i very much doubt it.

Also needs 2 tyres which i will get on in work tomorow

Got a chip in the windscreen which should be sorted thursday an then a good clay and polish is on the cards :).

heres how shes sat at the moment.

Removed the wheels ready for tyres and removed the horrid match badges and a few stickers.

dark.jpg

And got the polo ready for edition, just.

Got the tyres and all service bits, ign bits fitted wednesday night.

Got the windscreen sorted, and then went to start cleaning the car at 6PM on thursday night and the inevitable happened, a poxy wiring fault.

After spending a few hours ****ing around i took the easy option and pikeyed my own loom and bypassed the fault.

By this time it was gone 9 and dark, so just thought id give the polo a quick hose down.

I thought it would be a great idea just to spray a little tfr all round just to get rid of some gunk, how ever i forgot to dilute it so it left marks every where, by this time im tired, its cold, and my car looks like ****.

So phoned a mate up and went to KK car park where it would be light enough to give her a quick polish and wax and get some decent piccies.

Finally got home at 1 am and that was that.

Set off for edition car was flawless, untill the rear wheel bearings started rumbleing so ended up changing them at my cousins 200 miles from home, with tools that looked like they belonged to a bob the builders chocolate tin.

And thats the story so far, heres some piccies :).

kk.jpg

krispyyy.jpg

niicccceee.jpg

coolpic.jpg

carssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg

broken.jpg

stickers.jpg

stickers1.jpg

shouldn`t be to hard to work out where this is going (its a polo GT head and cam) :D

mheadancam.jpg

And heres a pic of me the mk3 and a famous meerkat for good measure (i am aware i look a bit spac in this :lol: ).

mk3anmonkey.jpg

Future plans:

More cleaning, smaller washer bottle and oem air box for the bay.

Change or refurb of wheels.

Hids (got them just need fitting)

Fit the head and cam

And change back box as its ****ed :).

Change interior and get some decent ICE in.

Comments welcome.

Edited by lupoluke

Cheers guys,

Will a wander over to your thread in a minute VWR Lupo.

And i know exactly how you feel treblet, i work on new vag cars all day long, and strated to find it all a bit tedious and boring, and who exactly wants automatic headlights, electric windows or power steering anyway. ;)

And i know exactly how you feel treblet, i work on new vag cars all day long, and strated to find it all a bit tedious and boring, and who exactly wants automatic headlights, electric windows or power steering anyway. ;)

Exactly why I got rid of the Fabia! so may electrical problems!!!!!!!

These polos are bacic, not alot to go wrong and I love it!

Exactly why I got rid of the Fabia! so may electrical problems!!!!!!!

These polos are bacic, not alot to go wrong and I love it!

Same i had endless issues with the lupo, both electrical and mechanical.

Im still not completely happy the polo has an ecu but that may be deleted in time as well :).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cheers mate,

Slight update car now has a fresh mot and is being used as a daily :), just been cleaning really and got a bit of a fluro pink theme goin on at the moment, had a water leak as well but touch wood iv got to the bottom of the problem.

Got some mk1-2 polo center caps to go on just need another few coats of laquer as i ran out half way through.

Sorry for the **** quality pics my digi cams being gay atm.

156d4567-ab72-411e-95c7-2005269e6b03.jpg5.jpg

6d0eb82a-dda4-4a29-8333-b63cf0b1b54a.jpg

b0bc7cf8-9c59-465c-aabc-7f747b18995f.jpg

131f9eb0-191a-4bc6-a1aa-6eec1d96074a.jpg

Will make a start on the interior after christmas when more funds become available :).