Insurance Banter.

CPall

• 2 weeks later...

Just received Mrs M's insurance renewal for the Ibiza.

Details are:- 38 years old, 10 years NCB with protection, car garaged overnight, up to 7000m per year, no claims or convictions in 5 years, Revo stage 1 to 172hp, me as named driver at 40 with 8 years NCB, 1 SP30 from three years ago. Both employed in boring occupations. Rochdale.

Renewal with HIC £451

Elephant - no quote, too powerful

Brentacre - another £200

NFU - £826!!!

The NFU conversation was interesting. Since they started accepting business from non-traditional markets i.e. non farmers, their loss to premium ratio has increase to £2 out for every £1 taken in premiums. This is due to young drivers and the extent of fraudulent claims in 75 postcode blackspots.

Sticking with HIC I think.

The NFU conversation was interesting. Since they started accepting business from non-traditional markets i.e. non farmers, their loss to premium ratio has increase to £2 out for every £1 taken in premiums. This is due to young drivers and the extent of fraudulent claims in 75 postcode blackspots.

Im with them, my insurance was a great price compared to everyone else, i have a feeling they wont be cheap for much longer. What i will say is, someone just wrote off the old mans car and the service NFU have provided was great compared to people in the past.