Insurance Banter.

CPall

Shoulda gone with Endsleigh they do this "student bonus accelerator" and after 6 months you get 1 years no claim AND its transferable! am 19 drive a 1.0 Arosa (mk1) and already on 2 yrs no claim, due in dec.

never paid more than ÂŁ2000 a year tho, insurance groups different for newer specs i guess....

Sure i Tried them on the phone and they didnt mention anything like that, in fact, if i remember correctly they wouldnt insure me at all.

F**king hell... Glad I'm getting old.

Wish i was...

Im with Aviva paying ÂŁ700 fully comp on my own policy with 1 years no claims :) Its always best to check out the companys that arent on comparison sites first!

Admiral

Average mileage - around 6k

Car parked - "street"

Add BOTH parents as named drivers, try other family members to see if it will bring it down any more

Occupation - One of the bigger factors... Be careful how you word it.

Im with Aviva paying ÂŁ700 fully comp on my own policy with 1 years no claims :) Its always best to check out the companys that arent on comparison sites first!

thats who im with now, on my own policy, just have to hope a years no claims brings it down a lot next year

Admiral

Average mileage - around 6k

Car parked - "street"

Add BOTH parents as named drivers, try other family members to see if it will bring it down any more

Occupation - One of the bigger factors... Be careful how you word it.

mine is 5000 miles a year

i tried both parents with everyone but with aviva they did a discount for me being by myself apparently

and i dont think theres any other way to word 'student' is there? haha

I've got mine down to ÂŁ1k that way

Lupo Sport, 1ncb, 1.5 years exp, average postcode.

i did try pretty much everything, its done now and i'll just have to shop around again next year when im 18 and have a years no claims

I went with tesco value ÂŁ2000 Im 18 street park 0yrs ncb fully comp.

Did you try them ?

apparently you have to be 18 to have your own policy with tesco :(

• 3 weeks later...

Statistically, your car is more likely to be damaged if it is parked in a garage than if it is parked on the street, and insurance is priced accordingly

thats crazy :P is it people who cant park?