lupo or saxo?

chee09

right basicall i currently a saxo furio.

but i am really wanting a lupo sport, just woundering would i notice the power diferance, the way it handles etc?

or should i just wait until i can afford gti insurance?

cheers x

Just personal preference, but having seen how my sister's saxo's front end disintegrated when she slid into the back of a jag, I'd pick the lupo.

Sports are faster than VTRs... that or they are actually quicker but the people buy them can't drive them properly! :P

A saxo will handle far better than any Lupo...

Yet a lupo will not break down every 20 minutes

Lupo gearbox will fall apart and you will have a hefty bill...

If you're going to rag it around everywhere just wait for a GTi otherwise you'll have nothing but problems

I just sold my decent 106gti and replaced it with a 1,4E lupo

Although my 106 was a hell of alot faster and handled like it was glued to the road i do not miss the rattles, bangs and squeaks.

Build quality is nothing compared with my gutter spec lupo

You will notice a speed difference between the lupo sport and a west coast, the lupo "should" be faster but the saxo should be able to get it on the corners so all depends upon what you want out of your car

:coffee:

Think about this logically, if you asked a Ferrari owner what he thought was the best car he'd say a Ferrari. The opinions you get from Club Lupo and what ever Saxo website you've asked on will be automatically bias.

However if you do want an opinion which is slightly less bias, having driven both I'd definitely pick the Lupo all day long. Not to mention the increased safety levels in the Lupo... it doesn't fold like a coke can when you bump it in a supermarket car park!!

I've driven both but only owned a Lupo.

Out of the pov spec ones, I'd go Lupo anyday. I hate the dash on Saxo's, if you're tall your knee always hits it and it does feel really cramped.

Gimme a nice VTS anyday though, fantastic little cars.

Agreed. Much quicker than a GTI as standard IMO.

Plus I wouldnt be scared of tracking a VTS for fear of bending it, as I would with a GTI

Not much quicker really plus any speed loss is down to the difference in build quality and general non peformance spec parts

Saxo/106's do get alot of flex on track if uncaged/seam welded

You need the feet of a midget to drive a Saxo, the pedals are so close together. I can't brake and change down at the same time in a Saxo :angry:

You get used to the pedal position, i could drive mine quite happily in size 10 work boots

^^x2, vts's are ok for fun but I'd personally prefer my lupo, it'd be interesting to see what the saxo lads have said tho!

Totally differen styles of cars really, i mean the lupo's started getting built about the time saxos stopped getting built?

Out and out perfoemance and handlebility saxo/106 wins, it's even good out of the box, but i feel lupo with in every other way

the VTS is so fun to drive, position and engine make you really involved, easy to get them quick as they weigh so little, great little hot hatch

Querky 'design features' like the front seats tilting a little bit under heavy breaking keep you energetic haha!

Definately not for old people or bad backs!

just don't crash one ;)

Edited by .Phase

You need the feet of a midget to drive a Saxo, the pedals are so close together. I can't brake and change down at the same time in a Saxo :angry:

you are a midget though :lol:

tbh, pedals are no closer together than my old mk3 polo. Basically, wear narrow footwear to make life easier.

I've driven both, but as some on here never owned a saxo myself... From my experience of the saxo, i did find the pedals where really close together, i thought the gearbox was tosh, gearchange felt like you where pushing it through a jar of syrup, and it never actually felt like you where engaging into a gear. Saying this it was probably the lowest spec model, and was an actual ****ter lol... It belonged to a mate, and one day i stepped out of the passenger seat, the wind caught the door and flung it towards the front of the car, denting and creasing the door.... Had to try bending the door back into shape, however it never did shut properly after that lol.... Not long after he crashed it at 20mph and the front end was gone....

As some people say made from Balsa and Paper... Personally for comfort/style i'd go Lupo, I've owned 2 so far and i still love em, get it lowered and even the slower models can be fun. But this is just my opinion lol... I have a soft spot for 106 Rallyes not sure if they'd interest you lol?