Upto 8meg Broadband?

nfbr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3068kbps download speed

362kbps upload speed

I cant remember what im supposed to be getting tbh , but its probably claimed to be double that.

Edited by scotty_82

I was online with a couple of lads the other day and I had to message them to ask what connection they were using as it didn't miss a beat once and they were both on sky. Grrrrrr!

that means your connection is doing 5.27 megabits (not megabytes) per second download speeds and 250kilobits (not kilobites) per second upload speed!

Edited by nfbr

48761301.png

Thank you JANET, but still pretty slow considering the 2x 4gig which is piped in to the building.

SpeedTest.net show it a lot slower testing to Aberdeen though.

...but to London...

947848453.png

Jesus christ thats quick ^^

I was on sky broadband in my apartment and I have to say it was sh!t hot! Everybody who I used to game with were really really suprised. And i am pretty sure it was only ÂŁ10 a month

947848453.png

To be fair, that's not exactly a residential line is it now? haha.

I was on sky broadband in my apartment and I have to say it was sh!t hot! Everybody who I used to game with were really really suprised. And i am pretty sure it was only ÂŁ10 a month

Mine's just ÂŁ7.50 a month with Unlimited downloads/uploads :) I'm impressed so far!

I was a bit nervous at first as I'd read loads of really bad reviews about people being cut off all the time and the service being interuption filled. These however were from like... 2006/7/8. Nothing bad about them seems to be more recent than that.

Hopefully gona get a bit of time to play on the PS3 tonight - See how good it is at gaming!

To be fair, that's not exactly a residential line is it now? haha.

Unfortunately for me no, but for the students who get it free in the residences; yes it is!

And in the evening and at weekends when staff and students go home, they get it all to themselves!

I'll test my 10mb Virgin when I get home.

Unfortunately for me no, but for the students who get it free in the residences; yes it is!

And in the evening and at weekends when staff and students go home, they get it all to themselves!

I'll test my 10mb Virgin when I get home.

Damn students get everything free. :)

ooooooh whats your name!!! Addage!!!

PM me yours Pete!!!

SpeedTest.net show it a lot slower testing to Aberdeen though.

...but to London...

this may sound stupid, but i work for a certain broadband provider that has alot of red on there logo ;) the aberdeen server is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unreliable as a speed tester through speedtest.net that we are told to use the london or kingston server, take an average of 3 and then do the same through the bbc iplayer diagnostics test ( which looks the exact same as the one from bbmax i think it is and then that what the speed is . if your a virgin media customer quite often loose connectors are the suspect of slow speeds OR an old modem. if your a virgin customer make sure that your not running a silver modem. if you are its going to top out at about 4meg. now considering there bb speeds are 2-10meg tracker, 10meg or 20meg with these modems ....

virgin custs-

look out for loose connectors, crap modems ( silver modems with the likes of NTL on them if you stay in an old NTL patch. it should be either an Armbit 250, 255 or 256 modem you should have or a Cisco modem. ( 50meg custs will have a VNMG3000 modem ) so if you have anything else please contact about slow speeds ;) ( i never said that lol! )

bt custs, look out for crap connections in the house or a noisy phoneline as that means your line is crap :P