1.0 Arosa. 195/50/15 Speedo effect?

Arosa Rob

Hey,

Does anyone know if my speedo will read slower than actual speed if i put on 195/50/15. Iv currently got 195/45/15 and looking to get new tires. Do to a smaller budget iv been considering the /50/15 as there a lot cheaper than the /45/15, but i dont want them to affect my speedo, that would really annoy me :(

Either that or does anyone know the standard tyre size that the car came with? (When i bought mine it had aftermarkets on already)

Thanks

Check here.

Going by what you said you're going from and to...

Speedo error 0% -3.39%

Reading at 30mph 30mph 28.98mph

Reading at 60mph 60mph 57.97mph

But that's just the difference, not the original size as arosa's didn't come on 15's as standard IIRC, dependant on what model you have, standard would be 185/55/14's at a guess...?

Gonna be minimal anyway whatver way you look at it.

Hey,

Does anyone know if my speedo will read slower than actual speed if i put on 195/50/15. Iv currently got 195/45/15 and looking to get new tires. Do to a smaller budget iv been considering the /50/15 as there a lot cheaper than the /45/15, but i dont want them to affect my speedo, that would really annoy me :(

Either that or does anyone know the standard tyre size that the car came with? (When i bought mine it had aftermarkets on already)

Thanks

Firstly it will depend on what model the car is, but if you look inside the fuel flap there will be a chart.

Then go here and put in the sizes and it will let you select different sizes and make the comparisons.

http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i ran some 185/50/15's on my sport for a while (came with the alloys i got) and the speedo reading was a dead match with the satnav (no leeway at all). Replaced them with 195/45/15's and it went back to being about 4mph under at 60