Golf GTi

Tigz™

Cant remember if I told you all but I noticed a knockin noise on Sunday so took the car into VW yesterday they found the fault pretty quick (wheel nut loose blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> - dont say a word ok? lol)

Anyways when I went into the show room to pick up the keys a bumped into a black mk5 Golf GTi.

I really didnt want to like this car, every time I saw picuters of the car I wasn't impressed, but my God! How good does that car look in the flesh!

I love it, the girlfriend loves it.

Very very tempted.

What do you guys think?

It was in Guilders in Rotherham, from the front it looked really really agressive, I still think the car looks like a Pug 307 from the side, but its growing on me, its the size of the boot that impressed me. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I had a look at a 140 diseasel the other week with bossjohn

I reckon it's got a big ol `J-Lo` ass me

And I was distinctly less than impressed with some of the plastics, particularly at the top of the doors and round the handbrake

Back to back comparisons with a Mk 4 Golf where I think interior is it's strongest suit, showed that up even more.

Not driven one, but by all accounts they are v. good

supposed to be an R36 with a bored out version for the V6 probably with optional DSG clutchless transmission as well. Might see the same unit with a turbo in an S3 though :sigh: have to wait a year or so.

Supposed to be the next big thing, a lot of super cars in the pipeline seem to have it on their spec list now. I'm sure the golf will come as a 6speed manual as well though. Close to £30K for a golf is getting on the expensive side though.

Ain't no gti out till the autumn, evo just tested the GT TDi 140, it was probably that one.

I like the new interior, except the plastic that the top part of the dash is made from is the 'rhino scrotum' (go take a look, you'll never look at it the same way) style stuff you get it cheap cars, eg my Fiat. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And the steering wheel feels awfully cheap and nasty. Needs a nice three spoke. (think posher models do come with one)