Car cleaning!

As most of us like to keep out cars nice and clean I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we could share our tips and stuff for products that we like using, may already be a thread on this but i've never seen it...

Autoglym bumper care, good for interior plastics!! just put it on my door cards and it bought them up a treat

Dodo Red mist, personally i find this to be a great product... really good for a nice finish once washed and dried. I've got a small scratch on the side of my car, once i've sprayed a bit of red mist on it you can't see it, its great!

I also use megs tyre gel, really good stuff. I think black tyres really finsh a car off once washed.

please feel free to share you favourite products and tips............

• Like 1

My favourite ****.......

Shampoo..... Zaino Z7

Interior shampoo....... Auto Smart 'Brisk'

Wheel cleaner.... G101 Beter than anything else imo.

Trim Dressing... Meg's 'Hyper Dressing'

Tyre dressing... Megs 'Endurance Tire Gel'

• 2 weeks later...

Shampoo - Zymol

Primer and wax - both DoDo - lime prime and banana armour

Trim - meguiars gold class trim detailer

Tyre - meguiars endurance gel

Quick detailer - smart detailer ( quite expensive but worth it! )

Interior - autoglym vinyl and rubber care

Engine bay and under chassis - autosmart tardis, such an awesome product for hard on ****.

• Like 1

I've used a plethora of products over the years, i'll just suggest what i find best for silver paintwork as thats what i have.

Shampoo - Poorboys Slick n' suds

Clay bar if required

Polish - Clearkote vanilla moose

Sealant - Poorboys EX-P

Polish - Collinite 915 marque d'elegance

And i cant recommend highly enough www.detailedobsession.co.uk - You can email directly the guy who runs it (gaz) with your cars details (paint/finish etc) and he will be more than happy to advise you on the best products for your needs. He also did club discount for the last forum i was on, not sure if he does it for club lupo?

Edited by Woofers

Other good products i have used....

Dodo Juice 'Lime Prime'.... Really easy to use paint cleaner, can be used by hand or machine.

Autoglym 'Super Resin Polish' (SRP)... If your going to buy one car cleaning product, buy this, does everything, polishes, fill swirl, provides protection.

And get a clay bar, you can get a kit from Halfords for like £20, saves you so much work when polishing, dirt that you can't get off any other way. I wasn't a believer till I tried it.

Ive got loads of products so im going to list my favourite.

Shampoo - Zaino Z7

Quick Detailer / Lube / Wetting Agent - Megs Last Touch

Clay - Zaino Z18 or Sonus Green Bar

Hand Polish - Zaino Z5

Machine Polish - Menzerna Power Finish

Sealant - Zaino Z2 or Jetseal 109

Spray Seal / Show Detailer - Zaino Z8

Glaze - Poorboys Black Hole

Wax - Dodo Purple Haze

Metal Polish - Nuvite Metal Polish or Dodo Supernatural

Tyre Dressing - Megs Endurance Gel or Megs All Seasons Dressing

Trim Dressing - Black Wow

3 Coats of Z5 will last longer than one coat of Dodo, but the time it takes to put Z5 on (Up to 40 min Cure Time) makes Dodo a better option.

personally i prefer fair liquid :P i joke.

going to do my car tomorrow i think in preperation for edition.

wash - some mild shampoo from chemical guys

clay - bilt hamlber or something

polish - autoglym srp with gloss protection on top....got some new dodo juice aplication things, see what they are like

wax - dodo orange crush, topped off with red mist

then the other stuff like plastics, tyres, wheels, glass and so on. im quite a fan of the autoglym stuff for all that

I'm hearing a lot about this clay bar business, how do you use it and when?!?

'BASICALLY'

After washing the car.....

You wet the body with a lubricant and wipe over with a block of clay rolled into a flat pad, it removes overspray, road tar tree sap, oh and wax :(

Keep folding the clay over and keep the panel wet(I use water from the wash bucket to help.

Makes polishing so much easier, you can do glass and wheels too, it helps remove baked on brake dust.

Shampoo: Zaino Z7 ... this stuff is amazing¬!

Quick Detailer: Meguiars Last Touch, smells like Malibu but is top stuff

Clay: Only used an Auto Glym clay bar so far so that for now although I will be trying Zaino

Hand Polish/Glaze - Poor boys black hole

Show Detailer - Zaino Z8

Wax - Dodo Purple Haze or Dodo Blue Velvet

Metal Polish - Autosol & Meguiars metal polish

Tyre Dressing - Meguiars Endurance Gel

Edited by Emz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been having a search for some info on a good hand polish for an Anthracite colour,

Have seen poor boys black hole pop up a few times anyone used this and is it suitable for my colour car? As this is a glaze im thinking this would be applied after a polish?

Also been wanting to get a sample of dodo juice to see if its good but again I think the different types/names of waxes works better on different colours of cars so can anyone reconmend me a wax suitable for my colour car? thanks.

Edited by bikemad04

Thanks mate will do,

After reading what a few people use think im going to try Zaino Z5 polish and then poor boys black hole as a glaze good choice or?

Unless your paint is almost perfect before you start, Z5 wont work IMO. Black hole is good, great for your colour, use it after polish, then seal it in with a wax, as little rich said.. Purple Haze is the stuff. Polish wise Autoglym SRP is great for everyday cars, just has a amutar image.

Unless your paint is almost perfect before you start, Z5 wont work IMO. Black hole is good, great for your colour, use it after polish, then seal it in with a wax, as little rich said.. Purple Haze is the stuff. Polish wise Autoglym SRP is great for everyday cars, just has a amutar image.

Ok thanks think I will leave the Z5 for abit until I have the car detailed. I use auto glym SRP and ultra deep shine atm they are good but just wanted to try something different, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...