Dec's Gti

Dec

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my photo is terrible, hopefully some people with proper cameras will do it justice at dc11 and Inters and with no1 sat in it's pretty level

Looks amazing :) , where did you get the little bit of half pipe from for the notch?

Just stock 3" pipe from my work cut to shape

:wub: :wub: :wub: is this your daily??

Between Tuesdays and Thursdays yes, I share a second car with my dad tho to cut mileage down :)

• 1 month later...

Finally got my hands on an fk rear set up brand new so got the short rear spring permenant now :) im completely back into my childhood sport of golf now tho so im faced with a real tough decision..................

sell up and get a bigger car (with a boot) or get a mk2 jetta and run two cars ..........

Hmmmm its a tough one

and to sj2112 yeah its seriously bumpy now, if i keep her i think shes gonna have to be treated to kw fronts for a nicer ride, although i need to no do kw's go this low ?

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta do some e38 Preppin this weekend i think :) man this forum is hot nowadays i keep loosing my Thread lol ClubLupo Keeps you on your toes in the moddifying Scene !

• 1 month later...

Right so got myself a garage for winter and bought another gti to use :)

spent the last few weeks sorting the garage out so could only actually start working on her this weekend :(

Managed to get a few bits out of the bay ready for cleaning and then started stripping the front end

Stripping.jpg

This weekend has proper made me think about where i wanna go with it this winter, so unsure on what to do with the bay ? deffinatly pulling engine out and having everything fresh but im slightly torn with the idea of weather to try and do some smoothing? has anyone done much with a gti bay ? Seen some proper clean ones but nothing really out there other than mitch's?

Other plans are going to include kw's and new bushes allround along with the rear beam and front wishbones powdercoated same colour as the wheels :) may even do a few little bits in the bay the same colour...

so anyway i went back home and started cleaning a few bits before storing them

Cleaningpartsup.jpg

And now to price up some parts.....

Lastly leave u with a couple of piks from edition...

Edition382.jpg

Edition381.jpg

Any comments and ideas welcome :) Cheers Dec

Love it!! What about doing the two silver bits on your engine cover the same blue as the wheels????

Joe

Yeah that is a good possibility need to get some paint made up in the colour as theres a few bits im interested in doing :)

Right after enjoying the weekend so much i decided to have today off work and get some more work done on this :)

Engines not far off ready to come out now, and got loads of parts off for powdercoating

Heres how it sits atm

Nearlyout.jpg

And a little pik of how the wheels cleaned up last night :)

CleanWheel.jpg

Also a Question for anyone with any electrical knowledge......

this is a pik of the positive terminal box under the bay am i right in thinking if i link these three wires i can hide them and get rid of the terminal box ?

Question.jpg

Wont be doing the windmirrors covers im pretty happy with the looks of the car externally all bar the boot badge which will deffinatly be changing over winter :) and im torn about smoothing the front bumper due to the private plate thing . . .

Comments welcome as always

Dec

Fair play man. Mk5 or Mk6 golf rear badge me thinks....

lol i'v thought about this alot but iv seen that far too much now :( and i love the passat rear badge so i think its just gotta be a smoother rear handle maybe like an a3 door handle or something ?

• 2 weeks later...

Really need to remember to take piks :(

Firstly a big thanks to binns and Rich for fitting my new aerial :) pic will follow

But on the bigger front of things the engine is out and the sound deadening is removed as it looked gash !

SoundDeadeningRemoved.jpg

Started to clean up the bay......

CleanChasisLeg.jpg

And painted a few bits black to freshen everything up...

PaintedhubdriveshaftandAlternator.jpg

Just waiting on bits from the powdercoaters now and gotta order a few bits from lupoboz then the rebuild ca start up :)

gotta try n rush this now as im in the process of buying my first house so that gonna be taking up my time in the new year.

comments welcome

Dec