Dec's Gti

Dec

Yeah spent a few dinner breaks on um lol, I'm trying to polish my rs faces ATM tho this could take FOREVER !

Yeah spent a few dinner breaks on um lol, I'm trying to polish my rs faces ATM tho this could take FOREVER !

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update really but just got got this from the forsale threads, fitted it and got a vw image off google as the backfground to make it feel kinda oem lol some might dissagree but i like it as the background :)

DoubleDin.jpg

also iv got my camber shims cold air feed and an r8 oil cap but wont be fitting any of them yet,

And finally heres a pic of how shes sat through the snowy weather :)

GtiInsnowonbathursts.jpg

Dec

• 2 months later...

Well the summer is Nearing so i thort its time to start tweaking only had limited time today but a great mod for such a small amount of time (litterally 5 minutes ) Jacked the exhasut up.....

Now sits liek this......

decexhaust.png

Camber shims tomorro and maybe even get the Rm's out :)

Will also post pics of the Rs's as they are ready to be built now

Right had a good weekend Stuck an extra 1.5Deg of camber on the back and fitted the Rms back on for UD, drove rnd the mrs house then got a facebook notification saying her neighbour had posted two pics of me........................

GreyscaleMint.jpg

GreyscaleWheels.jpg

Went UD on sunday seen some mint cars, really need to do a few bits to mine this year :)

Also here is a pik of the RS'S comments welcome as to weather to change the black bolts for polihed ?

Bling.jpg

Comments more than welcome Dec

• 2 months later...

Right time to update....

Got the car back from True Paintworks in Leicester 3 weeks ago. Iv had the rear arches rolled and The fronts cut along with their liners. He then sprayed both sides of the car and both front and rear bumpers. The finish is absolutely flawless in my eyes and the arch work is second to none, would highly recomend him to anyone.

I am stil yet to put any product on the car but here are some ****ty iphone piks from today

Freshhh.jpg

RearFreshPaint.jpg

And heres a little pik of the dirty front arch lip and whats left of it lol

FrontArch.jpg

A couple of weeks ago there was a local Dubclique meet and i decided to Run two of the Rs's which are stunning but i love the blue of the Rm's too much as it compliments the silver paint so well so im unsure what to do...... Any way heres a couple of the wheels

RsFaceOn.jpg

Rss.jpg

Heres a pik to show u what will be happening this weekend to complement the arch rolling......

NotchTool.jpg

And then i plan to fully deatil the car and get some snaps with the sisters camera :)

And that shall lead me to the big question.... New coilovers or Air ???

Over And Out Dec

notch? car looks fresh bud

Edited by dubsy

Need to notch mine. Who's doing it for you dude?

3 of us giving it ago tomorro afternoon on my driveway lol places near me want near on 200 quid im confident in drilling the hole just gotta trust a mate on the welder, leaving the cut tube 10mm longer than the depth of the chasis n gonna put a fillet on the outside to not risk weakening the leg. If all fails then il get the fabricators from work to come n sort it out lol

Oh and the fire extinguisher will be at the ready lol

So Friday I got stripping, dan (Danny.P GTI) got drilling and our mate Aaron got welding resulting in a pretty damn fine notch 

Forgot to actually take a picture of the notch as I was too excited but we under sealed it and I plan to paint it all silver next weekend so I’l get some piks then.

But anyway after the arch trimming and the notching it meant only one thing………

Time for lows!

So we first wound it down about 20mm and then decided on a further 10 lol

Satday after I finished work I gave her a clean and applied a coat of Ag Ultra Deep Shine (First bit of product since the spray job) and then set out for some piks 

11June08.jpg

11June07.jpg

11June10.jpg

11June11.jpg

11June06.jpg

11June05.jpg

11June01.jpg

Unbelievably happy with the stance at the front but now I really do NEED some shorter rear springs  although at the mo my boot just consists of this…….

TheBoot.jpg

Maybe if I get some of my cleaning kit in there it might improve the stance ;)

Comments welcome…….. Although before u ask yes it is now a stiff as foook bumpy ride lol

Oh and one more pik as I’v lent the Gf the Rs’s looks like we both need more rear lows  Dirty Stancing Solution Time ?

DecsAndDionnes.jpg

Cheers guys nice comments to here, really feel like the car is getting to look how iv always wanted now :)

Front needs to come down now though.

Are you serious lol ? Any lower and it's undriveable?