Dec's Gti

Dec

Right recently sold my sport and purchased a GTI :) its a tidy one in my opinion just 49,000 miles onit with full VW history. Also came standard with the leather interior and tilt n slide sunroof.

Has alsready been dropped on coilies so heres some piks.....

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

Next i had to crack on with finishing the BBS RM'S which i had purchased in need of a refurb for my sport. got the centres powdercoated and ordered brand new stainless 1.5" dishes all round and stainless bolts to match.

Heres some piks-

FreshPowdercoatedRm.jpg

Withnewstainlessdishes.jpg

Now the fun began trying to get the 165-50 pottenas on but heres the outcome after giving up and resorting to britania tyres in Hinckley.......

Stretch1.jpg

Stretch2.jpg

Now heres how she sits......

REARquarter.jpg

GleaminRear.jpg

Edited by Dec

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a cracking example, and what you've done with it is lovely! :wub:

Are you coming to Edition?

Yeah il be at edition all weekend :) not been any shows in it yet so looking forward to it.

very nice mate, is that chris's old gti?

i think the back should come down a tad more? maybe space it like 20mm aswell?

Yeah it is chris's old one, from what i can tell of it so far he kept it pretty tidy like everything he owns lol

I might play around with the back a tad as atm it can take 1 adult in the back without rubbing which shouldnt be happening with a dub lol 2 people had it sat on the tyre wall tho :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got 2 bathursts back on because of some slow leaking valves, ordered a set of 4 brand new stainless ones tho for the Rm's just gotta hope getting the stretch tyre back on before edition isn't a problem :( good chance to get the wheels sparkling up though whilst there off the car i think :)

• 2 months later...

Right thort id update this as its been ages.....

Car was left alone for a while managed to purchase 2 spare RM's which il be having made to match the other 4 in time

Maybe 8j instead of 7.5j tho wheels see

SpareRMs.jpg

And also put the bathursts back on for the horrible months :(

Winterson.jpg

Took interior door handles off and removed the horrible peeling rubber off

Getting them sprayed up a nice glossy black i think, photos will follow

Oh and purchased a set of Rs's just not decided on what im gonna do with tem yet tho...

Ideas maybe......................................................

not took a pick of them yet tho

Just scraped them with a Stanley knife, kept the knife at 90 to them tho so that I didn't cut into the plastic if u get me? Going to attempt spraying them myself this week which could be dreadful but if so i'l just lightly blast them and get a pro to do them lol

Yeah ive done the flat parts like that was just checking there isn't an easier method. It's such a pain. Sprayed a lot of my interior myself just make sure when you laquer it all spray it on really sparingly (if your going for a gloss finish) - made such a difference on my stuff!

Thanks

Patrick

Just some pics really....

The Rs 047's

RSs.jpg

spending my time polishing my spare standard dishes atm not sure how im gonna build theese yet tho, il decide over xmas :)

a little picture of my other toy here tho aswell whilst i had the camera out.

Monkey.jpg

door handles are primered atm maybe spraying them black tomorro :)

• 2 weeks later...