* SOUTH WALES MEET *

Hello everyone!!!

After much hinting off various people & me finding the time to do this/get my a** in gear, here we go! :lol:

Soooooooo . . . where & when do you want it?

Based on the interest & turnout last time hoping it will be the same if not better B) That goes for weather too!

Once we've got the date/time/location agreed on by the majority we can go from there & I'll start a list of names. Same applies as last time (not wanting to sound like a b*tch) but PLEEEEEEEEEASE when a date and time etc are sorted, only put your name down if your a definate or near on so I know numbers, if all you have dissapeared again and theres only 3 or 4 its not worth bothering with, so it all depends on the amount of interest :D Worked well last time!

Expect to see all you usual suspects again inc Ed & Toffs our adopted Welshies :lol: R32 aswell I hope :P

Well there you go, I've got the ball rolling, ideas please! . . . . :coffee:

Edited by elliecjno1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect to see all you usual suspects again inc Ed & Toffs our adopted Welshies :lol: R32 aswell I hope :P

Unless Toffs crashes his (turbo'd) R32 into a barrier at Castle Combe on saturday :lol:

Ha ha no crashed R32's please! :lol:

How are you both?

Was talking to Al from Awesome the other day & he was on about an R32 they have in at the moment so I mentioned yours & he said it'd been up there on the rollers (hope we're on about the right one now!) lol hows it going then?

I'm good thanks and so is Toffs....hope you're doing well as well.

The R32 was up on the rollers a day Al was off sadly.....it was 443bhp in 30 degree heat so Toffs was rather pleased! We both went to Inters and he put it up the strip, he ran a 12.44 quarter and did 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.....again very pleased :lol:

I have no hope of keeping up now :(

Im not about until september as im in africa! But next meet (fingers crossed) i'll have my mk1 on the road to come and show you lot!

Ooh fab! Its coming along well then? You never know this may not be until the start of Sept depending on peoples hols etc because most tend to be tied up in August with various things.

I'm good thanks and so is Toffs....hope you're doing well as well.

The R32 was up on the rollers a day Al was off sadly.....it was 443bhp in 30 degree heat so Toffs was rather pleased! We both went to Inters and he put it up the strip, he ran a 12.44 quarter and did 0-60 in 3.7 seconds.....again very pleased :lol:

Wow thats some going! Thats stupidly powerful! Cant wait to see it now, dont worry we can leave Toffs & Huw to play together :D Although Im sure by the sounds Huw will get his backside kicked now which will be a totally new thing for him! :lol: Thats a bloody quick quarter! Inters was on whilst we were on hols otherwise we may have popped along.

Toffs - Be careful on that track! :lol:

Edited by elliecjno1

Hey - I was coasting over the line with no engine for the 1/4 time ! Next time I hope to be in the low 12's or maybe, if I can learn how to drive a proper 1/4, a high 11 ?

Anyhoo, first weekend in Sept (4th/5th) is VW action day at Santa Pod, so maybe the following ones are good for a meet ?

Rubbish, I'm out of fuel in 5 mins now, its now quicker to drain a 65ltr R32 tank than a Lupo with its 10ltr :lol:

Where did you get off to? Was it as glamorous or hot as that airfield?

Cyprus :P 38 Degrees! I thought I was going to die the first morning but I got used to it :lol:

Hey - I was coasting over the line with no engine for the 1/4 time ! Next time I hope to be in the low 12's or maybe, if I can learn how to drive a proper 1/4, a high 11 ?

Anyhoo, first weekend in Sept (4th/5th) is VW action day at Santa Pod, so maybe the following ones are good for a meet ?

Rubbish, I'm out of fuel in 5 mins now, its now quicker to drain a 65ltr R32 tank than a Lupo with its 10ltr :lol:

A few times down the strip Im sure you'll be shaving tme off no problem :D

11/12th Sept then yeah? Would probably be a good call seeing as most people have got their summer plans out of the way by then.

You'll be buying your own petrol station at that rate! haha Bet its worth it though. You dont know how much I want to stick a big engine in my Lupo :D

Well im definately in :) except 1st - 10th of august :)

Rich

Told you Id try sorting something eventually Rich lol you'll have to get all your lot down your way organised now ;)

penry, AFRICA is a big place :rolleyes:, whereabouts ?

All's well with me, and the R's slowly getting there - Yep, I took it to awesome the other day, was Very nervous, but it didn't blow up B)

I know, just thought I wouldnt bore everyone with my complete plans for the summer :lol:

Off to Tanzania, then on to Zanzibar at the end. Should be good!

Im mega jealous of the R32 now, we had a little Swansea meet this monday, and Farmer brought his JBS turbo'd one along. Even coasting out of the car park it sounded naughty, then we could hear him all the way down the bypass :wub: I need to get this mk1 finished, everyone is stepping their game up now!

Ooh fab! Its coming along well then? You never know this may not be until the start of Sept depending on peoples hols etc because most tend to be tied up in August with various things.

Yep almost ready for paint now, just need a rear panel as mine is a bit tatty and i dont want to weld little bits everywhere on it. Its gone in the usual mk1 places so i just need to put hand in pocket and get one :rolleyes: Other than that, engine and wiring are all ready to go in. Im watching 42 items on ebay atm so this week may be a mega parts collecting event :lol:

I'm up for this, as long as it's a Sunday as i'm working most Saturday's at the moment, and around the Newport area is fine for me as it's not too far over the bridge!! :)

I'm up for this, as long as it's a Sunday as i'm working most Saturday's at the moment, and around the Newport area is fine for me as it's not too far over the bridge!! :)

agreed on that as I work Saturdays too but my diary is already getting full. Would meeting at the wales volksfest be out of the question or is it best to have seperate meet?

We did a Sunday last time & it worked out well so can see that being best for people again :) As for the Newport bit we'll see how it goes, we were around Newport/Cwmbran last time so think the concensus was for it to be more Swansea/Cardiff direction this time seeing as they made the trek last time - but depends how many from that way are interested this time as to what happens I suppose. Most of us were from Newport/Cardiff area last time so if we do go that way (inc me in Newport) your more than welcome to meet us somewhere & follow :D

agreed on that as I work Saturdays too but my diary is already getting full. Would meeting at the wales volksfest be out of the question or is it best to have seperate meet?

Could be a plan but then it depends who wants to go etc etc plus no doubt Huw will want to put the loop in the Show & Shine so will be fussing with that most of the day. We'll be there regardless so if you wanted to pop over & follow us up there from Newport you can B) Will be a fab day out no doubt anyway!

Soooooooooooo . . . .

Think August is out due to being short notice, peoples hols/are busy & Volksfest Wales etc.

So far 4th/5th Sept is out - as Toffs pointed out theres an action day down Castle Combe plus Ive just twigged thats obv the E38/Trax weekend aswell so thats popular with alot on here.

How are people fixed for the following weekend Sunday the 12th Sept? Just throwing ideas around at the mo :)

The 12th will be good for me as well,if you would allow a stranger along to meet some of you.As it's only about an hour away.