anyone interested in chipping their lupo please read

RobinA3

i am not expecting more power from a chip

like tigz said the driveability of the car should be improved

my car has a big dip in the torque curve at about 3600rpm or something and i would be happy enough if the chip decreased this big dip

we will see if it does make any difference in 2weeks time

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(S3BOW)
Hi men, pardon me for butting in here but is 6hp going to make any difference on the road ? I've seen on many other forums people getting cought up in RR arguments over every last hp. Mate with a LCR has an average of 20hp over my S3( both chipped,d/pipes,exhausts,etc). On the road, three car lengths over a mile. We all like modding our cars but I'd save my money.  Jesus, am I sounding like an old geezer or wot ?

Regards, Chris.

Speaking from past experience with A Honda Prelude Type S ( Another 4CYL car very difficult to gain power from) which I modded at great expense to gain just 5hp you for sure can tell the difference. It's subtle but definately there. £150? 6HP chip? Bargain.

Hi guys this is Alan here. Robin told me about the interest in chipping for the Lupo if you can start postign your ECU numbers I need all the details from the stickers then I can start to confirm who cars can be done easily.

I now have 2 different versions of the 1.4 16v running chips now and will have RR figures on Saturday.

I charge much less for the MK3 polo chips due to the ease of doing them. However the Mk4 take roughly 3hrs to chip and I had to buy quite a bit of expensive equipment to ensure safe `de-soldering` of the orignal eprom. Good noticable power gains are available due to the increase in ignition adavance and fueling changes. I do not have facilities for dyno setup and hence the figures I always quote are the minimum giving to me. Most tuning firms that offer chipping are Modem dealers for chip code and will not actually alter the maps and just use them as supplied like myself. For the Mk4 1.4 16v the current price i £150 including fitting at my house which is close to the M4 A34 juction. I am constantly increasing my stock of code.

I started out doing chips due to my frustration at being quoted £350 to rechip my MK2 Gt conversion which was how much I paid for the whole engine So I did some research and purchased a chip from Germany I since rebuilt that car it to another shell for a friend and that was RR with just under 100bhp. I have a Polo G40 as my may toy and that also run my own chip and I have no pinking or running problems. I have chipped over 80 Mk3 and very little problems with these installations.

I have started a topic in my section on Porka for those who are seriously interested please list your ECU details there.

http://www.porka.net/modules.php?name=Foru...c&p=15902#15902

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan its Dare off porka!

Quite a kick in the ass you sort out the mk4 chips after me asking about them for soo long and then i go and get a lupo!! :x

Any plans to do a gti chip?? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yes I will be looking into it, the main reason it took such along time was me saving up to buy the new equipent to do the `de-soldering` if you can get me your ECU details I will start looking into the GTI I believe I shoudl be able to do them. I was trying to remember who it was in Reading who wanted a 16v chip. What the lupo like must be fast compared to the Polo?

Looks like there are at least 3 different Lupu 1.6 16v ECU's and 2 different versions of the 1.4 16v which are different to the Polo ECU so If you are serious yo uwant a chip dare you will have to pop down to mine I will need to remove the original eprom to get the orginal code from your car then I can get the modified maps for you car :-)

Thats right your in the Reading area?

Looks like there are at least 3 different Lupu 1.6 16v ECU's and 2 different versions of the 1.4 16v which are different to the Polo ECU so If you are serious yo uwant a chip dare you will have to pop down to mine I will need to remove the original eprom to get the orginal code from your car then I can get the modified maps for you car :-)
Sounds good bud!
What the lupo like must be fast compared to the Polo?
A surprising amount! And alot quicker round the twisties (and thats with the ****ty standard dunlops)

What you upto this weekend?

Saturday I'm going up to the Polo RR day pilgrimage :-) Sunday I'm at the `mother-in`-laws so the weekend fully booked I coudl make one evening in the week possibly well not Monday or tuesday, or Thursday eveing any other woudl be fine!

quick update

i have got the chip fitted to the car, had a wee problem with it when i first fitted it coz the chip sat too low and the car didn't start but this was solved after i spoke to alan

anyway after having a quick spin in the car i can feel some difference in the car

u can't expect a simple chip to give you loads more power but i have noticed that the car picks up faster and also is easier to drive

so basically for £150 i reckon its well worth it

it will be on the rollers this saturday so hopefully we will see some difference in the power and more importantly the torque figure

it will be on the rollers this saturday so hopefully we will see some difference in the power and more importantly the torque figure
I look foward to seeing that!
Saturday I'm going up to the Polo RR day pilgrimage :-) Sunday I'm at the `mother-in`-laws so the weekend fully booked I coudl make one evening in the week possibly well not Monday or tuesday, or Thursday eveing any other woudl be fine!
Well whenevers good for you mate! Im easy!

Untill I actaully look inside the Lupo ECU I can't be 100% sure but I can see them being any different to the polo ecu which use surface mounted Eproms which require un soldering and the mounting of a socket before a new modified chip can be installed. IF anyone one is seriously interested please email me at poloace@aol.com

Cheers

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in having a chip done I will be available on Saturday 19th Febuary to start looking into the Lupo's I suspect I may be able to do the 100bhp 16v straight off.

If anyone is interested please emial me on poloace@aol.com.

Cheers

Alan