Lupo 3L Airbag

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 96blkjet

96blkjet
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

I was wondering how readily available airbags are available for the lupo 3Ls magnesium steering wheel? Where could I get one from? I am in the states so would i have to go through a VW dealer overseas or is the a junkyard/site online i could go through?

#2 Mitchell

Mitchell

CL Best Lupo and Interior 2010

• Premium Member
  • 9958 posts
  • Currently Driving:ed 38 best lupo
    ed 38 sponsors choice
    players 2010 best lupo
    players 2010 sponsors choice
    CL Best Lupo (non-GTI) 2010
    CL Best Interior 2010

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

3L models were not available in the uk, a handfull are scooting about here owned by private importers but dealers never had them. ebay .de maybe worth a go.
Posted Image

#3 fatttty

fatttty

Runner Up Lupo GTI 2011

• Premium Member
  • 1555 posts
  • Currently Driving:Ford Racing Puma #401
    Yellow Lupo 1.4E daily

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

There are a few floating around. Very far and in between though. UK VW dealer price for the air bag alone is just shy of 500 inc. VAT :wacko: i've had three 3L wheels (without airbags) and never managed to track an airbag down at the right price :(
Posted Image

#4 96blkjet

96blkjet
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

There are a few floating around. Very far and in between though. UK VW dealer price for the air bag alone is just shy of 500 inc. VAT :wacko: i've had three 3L wheels (without airbags) and never managed to track an airbag down at the right price :(

how can i get intouch with a dealer overseas to get an airbag?

#5 96blkjet

96blkjet
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:12 PM

and do you guys know if this style of the steering wheel that came in the Polo can be used in early style airbag systems used in the mk3s? Do they use the same clock spring and airbag set up?

My link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users