i got me a sub!

righto ppl i have now got ma sub and gettin it wired as soon as , but how long is the run in period , is it about 100 hrs to get the best volume out of it . i ended up getting the vibe `CBR-10` active , lee ordered his so he will have his on monday

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so does john and as i said lee has his on order and is gettin it on monday , only thing is getting it in the boot i need to have it nearly all the way in the middle of the boot unless i put the rear seats in the upright position to give it more room to fit , but then the parcel shelf has a gap of about an inch easily between the shelf and the back seats

i was thinkin that , cause i am prob gettin 6*9's so i will need to make an mdf one anyway so i might as well make it so that it fits when the seats are upright

i sat in the vak earlier and with the seats upright it feels like u are closer to the front but its not ma problem i wont be in the back so i am gonna get some mfd and makea new shelf , its only a fiver for enough to about 2 shelves , but i need to get 2 bits as with the weight of the sub on the boot floor its starting to sag

i had a look earlier on and to get ma sub right into the corner i had to pull the seat forward a notch , dunno if ma boot layout is slightly different , but the floor has now started to sag into the wheel well as the other back corner is now about an inch in the air above the metal below

I cant understand this, I have a 1 cuft 18mm box, a heavy wieght sub and two amps and Ive never had any sagging.

I know its only a carbourd floor but it sits on the boot floor so shouldnt be able to sag.

Any pics of the sagging?

i will get some in the mornin , or when ever i wake up and i'll put a ruler behind it so u can see how much its coming up at the other side of the boot from the sub

I have no sagging either. Have my Vibe positioned on passengers side in boot. Used some expensive velcro from B&Q to fix it down as standard stuff weren't great. Impossible to get out now though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Dealer mentioned couldn't access spare wheel but was fine bout it. I'll check the pressure myself sometime.

Even tough I have no sagging I may contruct a false floor for the boot to aid the sound quality a little. Won't need much wood!!

right heres the pics 1 of the sub its self

DSCN5157.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and the one of showing the sagging ( souldnt show the actual sag in the middle as the camera couldnt define it enough so heres how much the edges have gone up

sagged edge being pulled up

DSCN5158.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and with me pushing the edge down and ma mate holding the handle on the floor to level the floor

DSCN5159.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

give us a couple of mins and i'll go out and check , i foned ma grandad and he's great at building things and he says he'll make me a boot floor if i give him the wood

*edit * 41cm wide and 37 cm deep

i had a look , cause i have put it on the drivers side , under the floor the wheel well is kinda off to one side ( over to that side and thats how its sinking , but i am gonna get the floor `re-inforced` 2moro