would an rx7 engine fit in a lupo

lankys lupo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be different to everyone else and just stick an electric motor in and batteries from phones linked together .

joking aside has anyone seen the bloke whos putting a rolls royce engine ina rover sd1 in practicle performance cars? trying to make a 200mph 1000bhp rover.

joking aside has anyone seen the bloke whos putting a rolls royce engine ina rover sd1 in practicle performance cars? trying to make a 200mph 1000bhp rover.

very practicle, lol

I've seen that. From memory they had to move the firewall and the driver's seat *way* back into the car to make space. No bonnet, of course. And Jag XJ220 wheels, if I recall. It ran at Goodwood a couple of years back...

it only runs to 3000rpm so he had to put an epicyclic gearbox from a bus in it to ratio it up 3 times or something along them lines. its painted black now.

Problem is, out of the amount of people asking whether X engine will fit probably only 0.1% actually know what it involves and can do the work.

And the chances are, if they could actually do it, they wouldn't be asking 'does this fit my car'... They'd just work it out themselves... Rather than using the power of forum members guess work to determine if something is doable or not.

The question really should be "Can a ??? engine be fitted within reason to a Lupo/Arosa?"

These days, it all seems to be about electrical gremlins rather than the physical bolting an engine in aspect.

im looking to fit an engine from a john deere 6930 Premium in my lupo. better mpg as its a diesel. any ideas if it will fit? ;)

Edited by LUPOLICIOUS

None of you know if an RX7 engine can be made to fit, so you mock.

Internet based engineering experts....

Ferrari-308-engine.jpg

Edited by IDGM

Any engine will fit in pretty much any car, so stop asking these stupid questions and wasting our time. By the time you are 17, you'll have no chance of insuring a standard 1.0, never mind an twin rotary turbo charged engine'd lupo.

On 'yer f**kin bike!

what a tool you are!

true tho ..

My point exactly.

We currently have annoying little sh*t of a work experience kid at work at the moment and all he does is ask questions, then when you give an answer he just argues as if he knows better... The fact that he's 15 years old and has never had a job in his life means he knows more than someone who'se spent 10 years in the industry!

None of you know if an RX7 engine can be made to fit, so you mock.

Internet based engineering experts....

And YOU know that none of those who replied knows if it can be made to fit?