Hello from iPhone 4

bjblyth

Should be working now dude, o2 have done ALL requests that were put in yesterday (according to their Twitter).

Turn it off/on again :)

I took the opportunity to jumph ship back to Orange. 18 month contract, Unlimited (ok well 750Mb 'fair usage') data and a significantly better network. Plus it was on the network, fully data enabled as I walked out of the store!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a load of balls .. may get the 3g when my contract runs out in sept but in no rush to get an iphone..dont get me wrong the phones are amazing but in no rush and i wldnt wait 4hrs for one lol.. fair play if you did.

although im bang up for wasting my life with the game apps ... i so wanna throw a bit of paper into a bin for 2hrs !! lol..

Edited by gilybob

anyone who says they bought a 3gs instead of a 4g because they didn't want one is a liar. for almost the same price on a contract why the hell would you buy a 3gs a month or 2 before the 4g is gonna launch?

I never said i didnt want one, phones just dont really push my buttons any more, i'm happy with the 3GS.

I do find it slightly bizarre just how much hatred there is for the iPhone and even more for it's users/owners. I appreciate that it's not for eveyone, and many find their HTC Windows and Android based phones really good, which they are. Many also find their ancient 3310s do everything they could possibly want which, if all you want to do is make phone calls and send texts it is!

OK, so queueing up at 4am to get one is a tad on a fanantical side (I didn't do this, I hasten to add!), but is it really any worse than people who queue for hours to get their hands on tickets to see a football match or their favourite band play? We've all done it at some point, and if people are really in to Apple products or they really want the new iPhone, is it really that bad if they get it on the launch day?

Now, Mac fans can be pretty blindly fanatical about many of their products, but it's not really any worse than those who go round saying 'OMG the HTC EVO 4G is lik the most ammaaaaaa!!2q!!1ing phone evvaaa. OMG lolLOll!!!1!!!! 8 mega Pixels, 1GHz, 512Mb RAm OMG betta than the IpHone fffsfsafa' (and there are some!).

In my personal and humble opinion, Apple do things right with the iPhone. Yes, there are some questionable policies at Apple (You're going to LOVE iAds etc etc and SJ's 'What reception problem? Just hold it differently already!') but overall the user experience, the way things 'just work' and the general focus on performance rather than stats is spot on. They actually have the right attitude to design in that they create complete, workable packages that provide the user with a fast, slick and easy to use product. I've tried lots of other smartphones (my previous 2 phones before my 3G were HTC windows mobile phones) including a number of the Android incarnations, and whilst they all do things well, it's just not as well integrated and easy to use as an iPhone in my opinion. I find the Android OS confusing and completely unituitve tbh!

Yes, a Sony Ericsson or an HTC EVO 4G might have an 8 MPixel camera, but the lens distortion and sensor noise is absolutely terrible! They still look like mobile phone pictures. My new iPhone 4 camera however, even at 5 MPixels, is streets ahead with well balanced shadows and highlights and low noise even in low light which for a tiny sensor is amazing. This is not fanboyism. Whilst it's a little under saturated for my eye, with only a few mild tweaks, I think this stands up pretty well to many 'pro sumer' cameras:

37333_689369767535_223403337_12534262_3592681_n.jpg

Anyway. Enough of my reasoning. I frankly love my iPhone. Absolutely the best phones I've ever had, the only one I've never got bored of, a software update every year that makes it feel new, a huge App Store, any song you want only a few taps away, a UI even my Mum can understand and a distinct lack of hardware boasts.....it's just quick, neat and beautifully designed. Suits me fine!

You nailed it mate, i believe in apple and there products. Im a design graduate and appreciate the completeness and unity between form AND function. never get another phone and haters.. theres no need to hate, stick to your phones and we shall stick to ours.

^^^^^^^ Do you get one for the left hand to stop losing signal ?? :lol:

I wouldnt mind getting one, though the price is way too high for me. :blush: Im sticking to 3g and os 4.0 for a while longer. ;)

Edited by Scotty1.4

Delivered about 10.30 this morning. Have some how just lost an hour & a half... :blush:

Good isn't it? :P Your first or are you coming from a 2G, 3G or 3GS?

Picked mine up this morning, no queue, no nothing. In and out of the orange store in 10 mins.

Funny you should say this. In Manchester there were probably a thousand people outside Apple on launch day, about 2-300 outside o2, but orange, vodafone and phones4u who all had stock, were empty. At one point, the queue I was in had 3 people waiting to get into Apple for contract/upgrade and about 150 for SIM free. Really weird! I wanted SIM free which is why I queued so long, clearly.

Good isn't it? :P Your first or are you coming from a 2G, 3G or 3GS?

Coming from a 3G. I've opted for 24 month contract this time as I've had my 3G 2 years now and don't mind missing every other update seeing as you get a software update anyway. :)

Envirofone have offered me £197 for my 3G too which isn't bad - much easier than eBaying it and as its got some small marks/wear & tear damage, it's easier to sell it than have to put up with someone on eBay moaning that the pictures only showed 2 scratches when there were 3 etc etc. :lol:

Can't be bad though - Paid £179 for it, selling it for £197 and have only had to cough up £119 for my 4. :)

Nicky....do they decide how much they give you after it's been sent in. Discovered that my 3G has got a hairline crack in the back casing by connector...Computer Exchange offered £50! LOL Seems eBay would be an easy £150, but Envirofone sounds pretty good!

They give you a quote online and the website says that wear & tear is acceptable as long as it switches on & off, doesn't have water damage and hasn't been crushed. Gonna send it to them & see what the say - you get 5 days to reject the quote & if you do reject it, they send it back to you. Figured it was worth a try before eBay. :)

I got 70quid for my 5800. they send you a royal mail prepaid special delivery bag, i wrapped tissue round mine tho just to protect the screen. I didnt want it to get there with a cracked screen and then not pay out. The 70 quid went into my account about 4days after postage.

Why Si?

because of the non existent signal at home on orange. i had the signal drop issue but that wasn't a major thing because i'm sure that will be resolved with an update (which i thought would be here by now tbf - bit worrying). for once i'm not convinced with an apple product.

i think i'll prob skip this generation of iphone and get an ipad instead.

My Auntie has an iPhone 4, with Orange, and she has no signal in her house, but I just think thats because its Orange. O2 seems to have better coverage.

Will be getting an iPhone 4, when Apple decide what to do about the multitude of its phones issues, and firstly ADMIT theres a problem.