Hello from iPhone 4

bjblyth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First sample photo: IMG_0809.jpg

Not very exciting but I'll get some more up over the weekend to give a better idea of how it is. So far the multitasking is the biggest thing for me (3GS users will know what I mean).

It's a cracking little phone and the display is incredible. ANY photo looks good on it lol!

but Megapixels don't always mean quality!

The lens is key! :)

I still believe in the age old concept of 'If you want a camera, Buy a bloody camera!'

Edited by nfbr

My current contract runs out in a week or so, and really annoyed with 3's Coverage. So looking to change network.

What networks are people with??

Also i see Vodafone are doing the best contract with 600 mins, unlmt txts, and 1g internet usage?

Cheers in advance,

Shaun

Just gone to iPhone (3GS), didn't want to wait and didn't want a 4G, thought they would be riddled with bugs like previous iPhones. Camera is ****e btw, maybe more pixels on the 4G, but Sony Erricson's are far better there.

5 Hours queing for a phone.... Get a life man!! :lol:

Edited by 99hjhm

This is awesome! Anyone else got one? I had to wait 5 hours in a queue and that was WITH a reservation! I'll get some sample pics up soon, the camera is so good!

Now now, no one likes a show off!

:P

Hahaha!!

I really want one to be fair...

But its far too expensive to buy out my current contract.

Phones4U suck too, i went in and this is what i was told

"We dont have the iphone 4, would you consider a blackberry?"

Erm, no.

Would you go into JJB, ask for a Arsenal shirt and then be told:

"We're currently out of stock of that, would you like this Chelsea one instead?"

Or i was told later in the convo:

"We have the 3gs one, would you consider that?"

Just like going into a shop in august and asking for shorts...

"We dont have shorts, would you consider this fleece?"

Phones4U are 4 the loss.

Hahaha!!

I really want one to be fair...

But its far too expensive to buy out my current contract.

Phones4U suck too, i went in and this is what i was told

"We dont have the iphone 4, would you consider a blackberry?"

Erm, no.

Would you go into JJB, ask for a Arsenal shirt and then be told:

"We're currently out of stock of that, would you like this Chelsea one instead?"

Or i was told later in the convo:

"We have the 3gs one, would you consider that?"

Just like going into a shop in august and asking for shorts...

"We dont have shorts, would you consider this fleece?"

Phones4U are 4 the loss.

Thats cause JJB aren't paid commission!!

Mine still hasnt been activated, 25 hours and counting!!

Should be working now dude, o2 have done ALL requests that were put in yesterday (according to their Twitter).

Turn it off/on again :)

anyone who says they bought a 3gs instead of a 4g because they didn't want one is a liar. for almost the same price on a contract why the hell would you buy a 3gs a month or 2 before the 4g is gonna launch?

I do find it slightly bizarre just how much hatred there is for the iPhone and even more for it's users/owners. I appreciate that it's not for eveyone, and many find their HTC Windows and Android based phones really good, which they are. Many also find their ancient 3310s do everything they could possibly want which, if all you want to do is make phone calls and send texts it is!

OK, so queueing up at 4am to get one is a tad on a fanantical side (I didn't do this, I hasten to add!), but is it really any worse than people who queue for hours to get their hands on tickets to see a football match or their favourite band play? We've all done it at some point, and if people are really in to Apple products or they really want the new iPhone, is it really that bad if they get it on the launch day?

Now, Mac fans can be pretty blindly fanatical about many of their products, but it's not really any worse than those who go round saying 'OMG the HTC EVO 4G is lik the most ammaaaaaa!!2q!!1ing phone evvaaa. OMG lolLOll!!!1!!!! 8 mega Pixels, 1GHz, 512Mb RAm OMG betta than the IpHone fffsfsafa' (and there are some!).

In my personal and humble opinion, Apple do things right with the iPhone. Yes, there are some questionable policies at Apple (You're going to LOVE iAds etc etc and SJ's 'What reception problem? Just hold it differently already!') but overall the user experience, the way things 'just work' and the general focus on performance rather than stats is spot on. They actually have the right attitude to design in that they create complete, workable packages that provide the user with a fast, slick and easy to use product. I've tried lots of other smartphones (my previous 2 phones before my 3G were HTC windows mobile phones) including a number of the Android incarnations, and whilst they all do things well, it's just not as well integrated and easy to use as an iPhone in my opinion. I find the Android OS confusing and completely unituitve tbh!

Yes, a Sony Ericsson or an HTC EVO 4G might have an 8 MPixel camera, but the lens distortion and sensor noise is absolutely terrible! They still look like mobile phone pictures. My new iPhone 4 camera however, even at 5 MPixels, is streets ahead with well balanced shadows and highlights and low noise even in low light which for a tiny sensor is amazing. This is not fanboyism. Whilst it's a little under saturated for my eye, with only a few mild tweaks, I think this stands up pretty well to many 'pro sumer' cameras:

37333_689369767535_223403337_12534262_3592681_n.jpg

Anyway. Enough of my reasoning. I frankly love my iPhone. Absolutely the best phones I've ever had, the only one I've never got bored of, a software update every year that makes it feel new, a huge App Store, any song you want only a few taps away, a UI even my Mum can understand and a distinct lack of hardware boasts.....it's just quick, neat and beautifully designed. Suits me fine!