Groaning/juddering wipers

My wipers have been juddering for ages. Recently they've been groaning, so i decided to take a look. The passenger side post pivot thing is very stiff, in fact the feeder arm popped off and i had great difficulty moving it back to put it on again. I've tried oiling, but i think it's completely fubar.

So my question is, before i go to the dealers with my tub of vaseline, how much do i need to replace, and what part numbers, etc.

Unit removed, faulty bit on the right.

IMG_1366.jpg

Close up.

IMG_1367.jpg

Now, is this the part number for the whole mechanism including the motor, or just the metal framework?

IMG_1368.jpg

Ta Muchly.

wipers.jpg

Part number for Wiper Motor without Crank: (1) 6X0955119

Part number for Right Operating Linkage is: (6) 6X1955325

Part number for Left Operating Linkage is: (7) 6X1955326A

Part number for the Wiper Mechanism is: (14) 6X2955603A

I heard you go around the dealerships with your jumbo tub of Vaseline wether you need parts or not.

:coffee:

Did you get a price from Lupoboz?

Heh, no comment.

I did think about it, but given as it's my daily and it's scotland, i need it fixed asap, especially as the bbpe isn't insured for business use any more.

Heh, no comment.

I did think about it, but given as it's my daily and it's scotland, i need it fixed asap, especially as the bbpe isn't insured for business use any more.

I had the exact same problem and i bought a motor and linkage from a scrappy on ebay for £35. Its not cost effective to buy parts seperatly and its piss easy to fit a new one!

R x

I had the exact same problem and i bought a motor and linkage from a scrappy on ebay for £35. Its not cost effective to buy parts seperatly and its piss easy to fit a new one!

R x

*nods* i agree, i've had it in and out a few times now, so getting good at it. Got it from the dealers in the end, just cos they're a stones throw away. I got the main mechanism (14) for 46 quid, and the two arms (only one broken but figured i'd replace the pair) (6,7) for just over a fiver each.

Motor fits straight in and job's a good un, or it will be once i fit the new arms when they arrive tmr.

• 6 years later...
On 8/19/2016 at 4:42 PM, Rustyspoon said:

Hi just wondering is this the same part for polos and lupos as mine has packed it, there's a few breakers near mine non with lupos but some have polos in them just wondering if I can mix and match polo parts with my lupo, thanks 

Have you compared part numbers? Most likely!! They're essentially the same car, a lot of things are common between the two!

PS - this thread is 6 years old! 

On 23/08/2016 at 11:09 AM, cj1 said:

Have you compared part numbers? Most likely!! They're essentially the same car, a lot of things are common between the two!

PS - this thread is 6 years old! 

I havent no, thats what I thought

I noticed after I posted it haha 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rustyspoon said:

How'd you mean ?

The mechanisms are basically high torque motors. When the ball joint thing came out of mine on the side of the road, I tried to fix it there and then as I always have a kit in my car. Without really testing them thoroughly, I drove off and switched them back on, only to find after a few wipes that the motor was now being impeded. The car cut out as I blew one of the main fuses in the engine (due to the ultra high resistance and spike in current) which immobilized the car. Had to wait for my old man (who was only 2 or 3 minutes away) to bring me a fuse :D