Poor brakes on the Lupo GTI

R99

got corrado 280 discs on the way just wanna know what pads i need, i think you can use either standard gti pads or g60 pads...... whats best to go for? im thinking ferodo

got corrado 280 discs on the way just wanna know what pads i need, i think you can use either standard gti pads or g60 pads...... whats best to go for? im thinking ferodo

They are the same. But because the discs are 3mm thinner on the 280mm setup you can get away with thicker (19mm) pads. I think these are fitted to unvented Mk2 GTI discs? But also the Ibiza Cupra. Std G60 and Lupo GTI pads are 15.6mm. This gives better pedal feel as there is less flex in the calipers(Look for yourself, the calipers flex alot!), longer life and more resistant to brake fade as there is more pad to heat up. If you have the money, I would consider pagid pads if you have the money.. RS4-2-1(Black's) should be best, never tried them though.

http://www.pagid-brake-pads.co.uk/products/

bit more than im willing to spend those pagid pads, will go up to 100 bucks i think. so go for the thicker 19 pads yer? am i looking for the earlier model ibiza cupra items?

bit more than im willing to spend those pagid pads, will go up to 100 bucks i think. so go for the thicker 19 pads yer? am i looking for the earlier model ibiza cupra items?

Yes, with the 1.8 20vT engine 1999-2002.

the brembo max discs have arrived but there thickness is 20mm, i have bought standard thinkness lupo pads. is the brake bite point gonna be through the floor?

the brembo max discs have arrived but there thickness is 20mm, i have bought standard thinkness lupo pads. is the brake bite point gonna be through the floor?

20mm? Whats the part number? No the pedal wont be that much different as your not pushing any more fluid.

• 5 years later...

Will run my G60 upgraded brakes on my Lupo GTi with Carbotech XP20 in the front and XP8 in the rear.

Had been running OEM brakes with Carbotech XP8 in the front and they where very good!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WRC said:

carbotech does pads for front Lupo GTI? can you provide me with some links..or codes? thank you!

Not sure if this is the best pricing and there's no rears listed, but...

http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/multiterm/74890,83662