1.4 s - 1.4 sport

CRAZYM1K3Y

hi im new to this forum and ive had a quick search and could find anything!

what is the difference between the lupo 1.4 s and the 1.4sport because theres a 25bhp difference!

is it a different engine? remaped? ecu? or what!?

and is it possible to turn a 1.4s into the sport with 100bph?

Not surprised you havnt found anything, the search function on here is useless! This question has been asked more than any other and no topic has been stickied yet. I tried to get one sorted a while back but to no avail and now cant find the topic even knowing what it was titled and posting in it a few times!

Edited by bobbo

If you want a 100bhp buy a sport.

This has been covered so many times.

Thats a whole new can of worms, hate that attitude!

• Like 1

The sitting at lights bit is ridiculous...

I know a bit about cars, but i dont know the BHP difference between a Saxo VTR and a VTS...

If you get a dick at some lights waiting to race you, and you race him - you've become a dick too.

I wouldnt buy a sport and then find out how to get it 25bhp more to be the same speed as a GTi...i'd just buy a GTi.

A lupo sport is a group 6 not a 4

Getting 25 bhp out of a 1.4 s isnt going to happen

If you expect to get 25 bhp out of mods like exhaust and induction then you'll be disapointed when you put your car on a rolling road, even one thats horribly out

Theres more than engine differences between a sport and a standard 1.4. Brakes just to name one

Anyone who wants a faster lupo, the simple rule is buy a sport or a gti and pay the extra money for the car, dont buy a 1.4 give it silly mods and not claim them. That is very heavily fround upon on this website, just to warn you now as you are "new to this forum", as is racing.

Bottom line is, tell your insurance about mods. Save racing for the track day and just enjoy your car for what it is

hi im new to this forum and ive had a quick search and could find anything!

what is the difference between the lupo 1.4 s and the 1.4sport because theres a 25bhp difference!

is it a different engine? remaped? ecu? or what!?

and is it possible to turn a 1.4s into the sport with 100bph?

There are a couple of topics on here mate but it can be a bit tricky to find stuff. Basically i *think* its the same block but there are lots of differences with everything else.

If you did buy a 1.4s and wanted more power out of it, best thing would just be to get breathing mods and then a custom remap to suit the engine mods you have done. Doubt this would take it up 100bhp though, probably be close.

As others have bluntly put, if you are after 100bhp you really are better off getting a sport. The amount it will cost to get near the 100bhp with a normal 1.4, plus the extra insurance you have to pay as you've modified an engine will make it pointless (IMO) :)

IIRC its just a different exhaust cam and exhaust routed differently, also sport has bigger brakes and all the other little differences. there was definately a thread somewhere, ill give it a look

EDIT: found it engine wise http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42421

its the inlet not the exhaust cam. as has been said, better biting the bullet and getting a sport. you want 100bhp out of a 1.4s its pretty short shrift given the money thats going to be needed

Edited by joed05

The engines are pretty much the same. Differences are:

Throttle body

Inlet manifold

Cams

Exhaust manifold

Exhaust

and of course the map that ties all of these together.

My argument is. If you've got a 1.4 non sport that you've done a few bits to and know its history and (like myself) have a low miler and you want it a bit quicker, its probably easier and safer to just get a bit more out of that.

No, cant beat having a play with other vehicles though :P

You try telling that one to the police when you get caught, which you will

Or tell that one to yourself again when youve flipped your car or put it into someone elses car through silly driving

Then try telling yourself that when your silly driving has resulted in points on your licence or when your insurance is void because you've crashed and not claimed all your mods

Really worth it?

You'll read this and think 'yes!' so each to their own, but i think getting tempted by dicks in cars to drive like them says alot about yourself. Rather than just proving you can beat them off of the lights

Edited by SamAtkinson

Or tell that one to yourself again when youve flipped your car or put it into someone elses car through silly driving

Then try telling yourself that when your silly driving has resulted in points on your licence or when your insurance is void because you've crashed and not claimed all your mods

Really worth it?

You'll read this and think 'yes!' so each to their own, but i think getting tempted by dicks in cars to drive like them says alot about yourself. Rather than just proving you can beat them off of the lights

Ah one of these people who have never went over 30, or never went over 70.

Theres always one.

Sam, dont be such a dick.

Read up, he said not declaring mods pisses him off.

So dont have a go at him, he said he hates not declaring mods.

Jump off your horse.

It was a general rant at everyone in this topic that say silly things

not a go at B3N

I quite like my high horse and dont see the need to defend myself just for declairing mods and racing on track days

Really worth it?

lol

at the end of the day to stop arguing! if you want 100bhp out of a 1.4 S lupo you are gonna have to spend a hell of a lot more money and time than you would just buying a sport instead. If you want to race that is up to you, but obviously its not smart on public roads. If you want to save money on insurance by not declaring mods, its a bad idea, if you crash and the insurance company won't pay up! so i don't even need to talk about what would happen if you killed someone...

at the end of the day to stop arguing! if you want 100bhp out of a 1.4 S lupo you are gonna have to spend a hell of a lot more money and time than you would just buying a sport instead. If you want to race that is up to you, but obviously its not smart on public roads. If you want to save money on insurance by not declaring mods, its a bad idea, if you crash and the insurance company won't pay up! so i don't even need to talk about what would happen if you killed someone...

He's thinking

Wish the forum speed police would do 1 sometimes.

I'm sure your the worlds most perfect driver. ;)

Im not the worlds most perfect drive and im not being the speed police on the forum, I just dont agree with not declairing mods and such like. If you want to take your life and others in to your hands with you driving thats fine i dont have a problem with that, but if you crash and your insurance is void it has a knock on effect for all of us.

In answer to the original topic it's alot of money and time and declairing of mods to change your 1.4s in to a 1.4 sport, it is do-able but it's more expensive than it would be just to buy and insure a sport

Sam

And B3N also said he didnt agree with mods, so dont direct stuff at him if he has the same views.

Tit.

Look chillax, I said it wasnt all aimed at him. First one was as I made a judgement given his response about cant beat having a play with other vehicles.

I wasnt having a go at you, you seemed to agree with my views on the orginal topic;

"The sitting at lights bit is ridiculous...I wouldnt buy a sport and then find out how to get it 25bhp more to be the same speed as a GTi...i'd just buy a GTi."

I dont see why you've taken this so much to heart

I wouldnt buy a sport and then find out how to get it 25bhp more to be the same speed as a GTi...i'd just buy a GTi."

Even though a GTI is going to cost about twice that of a similar age and mileage sport?

Plus, i dont know where you get the idea from that getting more power out of a non sport would cost a fortune! A lot of people put manifolds, exhausts and induction kits on their sports + remap which if you do the same to your non-sport plus inlet manifold, TB and cams + remap, your looking at more power than a standard sport.

Even though a GTI is going to cost about twice that of a similar age and mileage sport?

Plus, i dont know where you get the idea from that getting more power out of a non sport would cost a fortune! A lot of people put manifolds, exhausts and induction kits on their sports + remap which if you do the same to your non-sport plus inlet manifold, TB and cams + remap, your looking at more power than a standard sport.

But then you have the problem of brakes to match, keeping the standard axle with the drums could be scary.

Haha, i love it when people go on about brakes on what are, lets be honest, low powered cars. 100bhp isn't exactly going to propel you to hyper-speed and lets face it, 70mph is 70mph. I can do that whether i've got 75bhp or 100bhp, the extra power goes into how quickly you get to that speed.