New Camera

M4T VW

Looking at upgrading my crappy Point in shoot camera to somthing a bit better.

My main problem is A, The camera is pretty bad & B, Im crap at photography.

So by up grading my camera im half way there to good pictures!

Ive got a few trips planned this year, F1 and a week in snowdon so want to use it for that.

What do you think about this?

Fuji HS10

Its a "Bridge" camera so not a point & shoot and not a DSLR which i think is right up my street.

Ive no idea on specs so could you guys have a quick flick through the review and tell me if its ok?

Looks great to me.

Cheers

Mat

at £440, you'd be better off with a DSLR

You can get it for about £350 online.

Trouble is i still like the point and shoot and dont think i could be bothered learning a DSLR.

A "Bridge" camera is about right for me i think, I just dont know what the specs mean!

Newer model is the Powershot S5 IS, though there are newer and different versions available.

Canon Powershot SX20 on Amazon...

Most of my pic's are taken with the S3 as Al says and I stil pick it up over the EOS 450D I have recently acquired.

My S3 and I assume the newer models acan be as easy to use as a point and shoot, or as complicated as a DSLR, but then if you can get a deal on a DSLR you can use it fully auto until you are ready to experiment.

Fuji are pretty good.

Here, check these FLICKR groups to see what it can do:

Fuji HS10...

Canon SX20...

Look into a Nikon P90 if you are after a decent bridge camera, I have one, it's pretty good, not a DSLR but good.

P100 is out now too, but 10.3mp not 12.

I highly recommend the Nikon D3000. Cost bout 350 and iam a novice. the picture quality is great and if you put it on the appropriate setting using the wheel, its so simple and you can take great pictures. Heres an example of picture quality:

DSC_0425.jpg

for that kinda cash id be buying an entry dslr, as others have said you can shove it into auto mode, and itll be practically just a point n shoot but with the better picture quality that goes with dslr's