eBay lenses...

IDGM

I have an Olympus SP-350 digital camera that is currently redundant having been replaced by a Canon Ixux IS100 for snappy snapping (although the colours are pretty washed out and the image is quite grainy). The Olympus takes great photographs and is blessed with manual modes but is crap for spur of the moment stuff because it takes ages to focus and take the picture.

I notice on eBay that there are a few tele (2.0x and 3.2x) and wide angle (0.45x and 0.25x) lenses that mount to the Olympus' screw on lens tube adapter and was pondering a purchase for more arty farty work.

Anyone tried the eBay selection on compact cameras and if so, what do you think?

Be careful with second hand eBay lenses...

I just received my 3rd Lens bought on eBay and it's got a Mark on the inside of the frontmost optical glass :(

Trying to get a bit of money back from the guy as it was described as having no marks or fungus

Fungus... I'd not thought of that, but a top tip.

I might have a gamble on one or two. £30 each or so isn't to bad I guess.

• 2 months later...

Well, I ordered a 2.0x telephoto and a 0.2x wide angle in 37mm flavour with adapter tube from Hong Kong last week.

The telephoto has arrived this morning, so I'll update with a picture later. Hopefully the wide angle one will turn up soon.