Saxo VTR vs Lupo/Arosa Sport?

HaZz

Oh and Al, i think you're right about the feet thing :lol: I tried to drive my mates 106 once and i just couldn't do it! (size 12's)

one day my son, you will realise that I'm always right... except for when I'm wrong.

I'm a size 10/11 and have no problem, providing I wear narrow shoes... Skate shoes are a no go for me in Saxo's. To be honest my G40 was the same, the pedals were really close together in that.

The main annoying thing I found was my knee hitting the dash!

A mate has a 106 XSI (same as the VTR) and its a right laugh. One of the best things about it is you know if you crash you will certainly die, which just makes it more exciting! :lol:

I'm a size 10/11 and have no problem, providing I wear narrow shoes... Skate shoes are a no go for me in Saxo's. To be honest my G40 was the same, the pedals were really close together in that.

The main annoying thing I found was my knee hitting the dash!

I noticed that on the Mk3 GT that I owned for 3 month :)

Slightly different but this is the Gti versus the VTS, japanese motoring program. If you look at the lap times at the end the Lupo Gti is actually quicker round their track than the VTS. So the lupo aint all shabby round the bends neither.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzK7InLtNFA

to be fair (as a user of ebay spesh coillies), on a smooth road with good tyres, they're okay. Providing your lines through the bends and throttle control is correct, the car will cover ground far quicker than standard.

key words though, smooth road. Any rather bumpy road and you might as well not bother!

I still maintain that i had more fun in my 1.0 arosa than both my gti or cupra. The fact you were absolutely tanning it through lanes and sticking it into corners at completely inappropriate speeds was awesome :lol: Wasnt on the deck so didnt have to worry about bottoming out or scraping etc, just flat out everywhere. I sometimes wonder whats the point in having a 200bhp car when im never using it to its full potential? (And i probably wouldnt take it on trackdays because i know id end up upside down in a gravel trap) haha

• 3 weeks later...

I sold a saxo VTS to buy my Arosa TDI.. I don't regret it.. but i do miss the raw power of the VTS, mine was stripped and lowered with beathing mods and custom exchaust (usual stuff) it was just silly fast.. but, it was constantly broken. I was always having to take it apart and fix something! That's why i got rid of it.

I don't think i would even buy another fench car, leave alone a saxo! (exceptions: a mint mk1 pug 106 rallye, my old renault clio 1.8 16v with 2.0 bottom end)

I still have a serious soft spot for s1 rallyes and 205 rallyes , TU 8vs are so much fun and parts are so cheap and accessible.