Saxo VTR vs Lupo/Arosa Sport?

HaZz

Hi, firstly ill just say that i have always been interested in a lupo/arosa however at the time i needed a car i didn't have the money to get one so i settled with a Citroen Saxo VTR, ignoring all the crap they get for being boy racer cars and so on i still love it and think that its great fun to drive. However I'm considering with saving up for a lupo/arosa sport for a year or two's time and I'm just curious how it will compare ? (speed, comfort, reliability, safety etc...)

I just fancy something a bit different to everyone else, something i can spend money on with small mods to make it my own instead of spending it at a garage getting new driveshafts and so on.

Cheers

Cheers man, just want to be able to have the power there if i need it, nothing better than knowing you can overtake a car easily then sat there worrying if you can or not in time ha. i just watched the crash tests on both cars and its basically life or death ha! What have you done to your arosa to make it up to that!?

fare enough mate, you just got a lucky car then by the sounds of it ha! I'm going to carry on looking around at other cars i think i will be able to afford but at the moment i think the arosa and lupo sports are number one because i want something with similar power to my vtr, what is the handling like on a lupo/arosa after lowering ?

I don't condone racing however my Arosa Sport has easily beaten a Saxo VTR. Looks wise I prefer the Lupo/Arosa and they're alot more reliable than the French... sorry! lol

I don't condone racing however my Arosa Sport has easily beaten a Saxo VTR. Looks wise I prefer the Lupo/Arosa and they're alot more reliable than the French... sorry! lol

To be honest i'm not fussed about racing i just like having the power there when i need it so that i can overtake quickly and stuff and no worry about how long it will take me to get past ha.

oh ha, sorry boys, didn't realise it would have been discussed before! some people hate saxo's i guess ha, i can completely understand but i do still love the thing! it just does my head in with all the clunks and creeks and just think i need to look into upgrading for in a years time :)

Performance wise I can't think there'd be much difference in a straight line, although I'd be inclined to think that stock vs stock the Saxo would handle batter.

Build quality wise, the Lupo would be a lot better though and with a few little mods would be quicker. :)

thats great :) i just wanted to know if it was similar in power :) build quality is the big one though, i feel so unsafe when I'm driving my saxo! and im just fed up of little things going wrong in it!

Cheers

Saxo VTR = 110bhp/ton

Lupo Sport = 107bhp/ton

So performance should be pretty much the same. I'm a big fan of Saxo's and 106's but the Lupo is certainly a lot more desirable and rare, with the right mods should turn a lot of heads :)

Surprised on the reliability though, few friends have had VTR/VTS' and apart from basic maintenance they've been spot on. :blush:

mine isn't breaking all the time, since february when i got it i have had to, replace a driveshaft, replace rear brakes, re weld my exhaust where it fell off the cat ha, engine management light keeps popping on, it clunks going round corners sometimes and releasing the clutch and going down a little dip or hitting a bump it clunks and it needs a new rear axel... ha

naa mine isnt that bad yet i don't think ha, if you chuck it up on stands you can grab the back wheel and it has a bit of play in it so you shake it, it moves a bit ha! I dunno what is going on with the light to be honest! it just does my head in! i want a car that doesn't clunk and give me problems basically but im gonna have to pay to get the saxo sorted then either get rid of it before something else goes or keep it ha

Saxo VTR = 110bhp/ton

Lupo Sport = 107bhp/ton

So performance should be pretty much the same. I'm a big fan of Saxo's and 106's but the Lupo is certainly a lot more desirable and rare, with the right mods should turn a lot of heads :)

Surprised on the reliability though, few friends have had VTR/VTS' and apart from basic maintenance they've been spot on. :blush:

Man speaks sense. Obviously on this forum people are going to be biased! Id happily part ex my car for a VTS if i had the cash, my mate had one on an 02 plate and it was a rocket ship! Love the way they look too, lowered on VTS wheels its no suprise why they are so popular. Controversial, but id have the saxo over the lupo sport :coffee:

Standard 'vs' standard the Saxo would handle better, you only have to read a few reviews to see how well regarded the Saxo VTR, VTS and sister car the 106 Gti handled.

I don't buy in to the the comments saying the Lupo would be faster if you modified it, what a daft statement, how can you compare two cars with similar performance then say along the lines of "but if you modify the Lupo it will be faster"...not exactly a straight comparison there.

Agree on the comments made that the Lupo would be safer, better built and certainly more reliable.

I personally would take a Saxo VTS over any Lupo except the Lupo Gti. Saxo VTR would be a closer call, certainly rather have a Lupo Gti but not sure if I would take a sport unless it was a colour concept.

i will see how my money is looking in a years time :) if im looking good i think i may get a lupo sport and get it looking the ticket ;) but i dunno i may want to keep my saxo :) we will see but thanks anyway guys :)

Man speaks sense. Obviously on this forum people are going to be biased! Id happily part ex my car for a VTS if i had the cash, my mate had one on an 02 plate and it was a rocket ship! Love the way they look too, lowered on VTS wheels its no suprise why they are so popular. Controversial, but id have the saxo over the lupo sport :coffee:

I'd probably have a Saxo VTR/VTS over any Lupo other than a GTi too, so you're not alone. :lol:

I'd probably have a Saxo VTR/VTS over any Lupo other than a GTi too, so you're not alone. :lol:

I would have bought my mates off him if i didnt already have a gti at the time. Saying that, it pulled on the straight but mine went round corners better ;)

A 'friend' of ours (he's a cock) chopped in his Saxo VTS for an Ibiza Cupra (allegedly 230bhp, more like 180bhp), the Saxo ran quicker 1/4 mile times, and just to rub it in, he got done by a 106 GTi last night. :lol:

I hate it when one wants to play cos I know they'll give me a good run until my VR begins to stretch it's legs in 3rd and 4th gear. :(

See i don't understand when people would rather have a vtr over a lupo sport... a vts over a lupo sport i can understand if you want the speed! maybe i just need to drive a lupo sport to understand, i just think saxos are clunky and feel very cheap to drive ha but they are still great fun!

I've heard a rumour saxo's are so slow, because if you have feet larger than Size 8, it's impossible to press the acellerator without pressing the brake as well...

A local minter of a saxo .

Such a shame a nice handling car can be transformed into that tosh

71f3654037a57db2477f9667cba464d4.jpg

I'd certainly have a sport over a VTR. Although i do like saxo's and i think they can be pretty dam smart.

I've got a lot of time for my sport, well built and now its on coilovers its pretty fun to drive. Then there is the fact that they're rare (compared to vtr's) which i really like, and look top!

Oh and Al, i think you're right about the feet thing :lol: I tried to drive my mates 106 once and i just couldn't do it! (size 12's)