My Vw lupo OEM - One little surprise....

lupo1.0se

Looks tidy

Nice work :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

So after a long time of not updating (I still have the GTi). I have since sold it (returning it back to standard). Its a bit of a long story as to why I ended up selling it. But I have new car. It is not a vw lupo though....

Below is the final picture of the lupo. Including my Gti and my new car.

IMG_6150.JPG

So if you guessed what my new car is. It is a Volvo C30 (not my plate)

IMG_20150807_153425933.jpg

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok. To round this story off. Basically the reason I bought the Volvo was the car I wanted was not available at the time (god damn Vw), ideally what I would of liked to have done is traded in the 1.0 lupo in for this car but that was not possible due to reliability issues, so I subsquently sold it, it was on the road for a year 1/2 after I sold it then scrapped by the end 2016 (Sad times, I do miss that car in some respects). But the Car I wanted came available this year. I ordered it in February and got it by Mid June (pretty good considering some people have waited since Feb and have not got a car).

Here it is. I don't think I need to say anymore. Its been quite a year for me in a lot of respects. I still have the Lupo Gti too.

IMG_7489.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

How's it drive? Been reading that the power to weight isn't the best. 113hp and over a ton! Heavy little thing. There must be a mini black hole stored on board somewhere to get the weight. Not as punchy as the Lupo Gti though. I'm interested in your personal comparison having now owned both.

looks fab though... :)

12 hours ago, mk2 said:

How's it drive? Been reading that the power to weight isn't the best. 113hp and over a ton! Heavy little thing. There must be a mini black hole stored on board somewhere to get the weight. Not as punchy as the Lupo Gti though. I'm interested in your personal comparison having now owned both.

I test drove one and the Lupo feels more special, the UP is good, I just felt somewhat underwhelmed and another thing, being 6foot 4, the seats sit too high for me.

Other little things like rear drums, no one touch windows and no Xenon or LED headlights are annoying too given the price tag, but they are still quirky fun little cars.

19 hours ago, mk2 said:

I really like this car a lot. For me personally it combines the best bits of my two lupo's (the 1.0 and the Gti) into a good package.

The LED lights. I prefer them compared to the daytime running lights on the Volvo which is basically dipped beam. So in the night you thought you where running dipped beam when you where not. I wish they where not supplied but its a legal requirement now.....

The Lupo Gti is a car where the power is on all the time. Ok when you can use it. But the Up its good all the time as its turbo charged.

Economy is very good. I regularly get over 55mpg on a run (I don't drive it daily though due to a change in circumstances). A longer motorway run in excess of 60mpg. The Lupo Gti I can get just of 40mpg on the motorway, the 1.0ltr lupo I had was over 50mpg but acceleration in that was so long (17 seconds!)

• Like 1