Ross' black Lupo GTI - with added slammed Beetle content

RossB

Looks amazing mate, I especially love the shot of the rear with the all red lights. Just looks spot on, and different. Are you running camper shims on the rear ? Look forward to seeing what is next. Really makes me want a black one :)

• 5 weeks later...

No updates unfortunately! Got a holiday to pay for, but after that I'm hoping to get the chassis notched and rear arches rolled, then I'd like to take the rear adjusters out and see how it sits. Need to replace discs and pads up front as the discs are warped and binding with the pads on one side.

The wheels are a NIGHTMARE to keep clean, After about 2 miles driving you can already clearly see brake dust on them, no exaggeration... I knew they'd show the dirt more easily but it's ridiculous, they need constant attention.

No updates unfortunately! Got a holiday to pay for, but after that I'm hoping to get the chassis notched and rear arches rolled, then I'd like to take the rear adjusters out and see how it sits. Need to replace discs and pads up front as the discs are warped and binding with the pads on one side.

The wheels are a NIGHTMARE to keep clean, After about 2 miles driving you can already clearly see brake dust on them, no exaggeration... I knew they'd show the dirt more easily but it's ridiculous, they need constant attention.

i know how you feel, when i clean my car i try to hardly press my brakes for as long as possible

• 1 month later...

nice choice wot color red are they, as im after getting my ronal turbo's sprayed red

Hadn't seen your reply until now mate sorry! They're powdercoated so it's not a specific shade of red!

Did this recently....

IMG_03301.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Took the rear adjusters out of the coilovers. As you can see it went down quite a bit, giving me some nasty reverse rake. Love how the rear looks at that height, but I kinda said to myself I wouldn't go any lower on the front, hmmm. I went for a quick drive round the block like that and the rear was rubbing a lot, as expected. So I jacked it back up and put the adjusters back in.

Other updates, nothing exciting but I've replaced discs & pads up front as one side was warped. Bought a new VW rear badge off eBay in black to replace my slightly shabby DIY effort. My roof rails kept lifting up to the point where I was pushing them back in everytime I went to the car, annoying. Turns out they just needed bending slightly, thought they were plastic not metal, lol. Problem solved and another minor issue out the way.

A mate of mine has got me a bit of pipe for the chassis notch so hopefully that will be happening soon. I will also be booking it in for a service soon, including a gearbox oil change mainly for peace of mind. I really want to get the rear arches rolled aswell, keep thinking about it.

And lastly, some pics of the rear on my little contraption of a ramp so I can get the trolley jack under, does the job lol. Nice and low, arch is basically sitting on the tyre.

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No updates to speak of unfortunately!

Still love the car in many ways but for a while now I've been pretty obsessed with aircooled Beetle's, and I actually offered the Lupo up for swaps for a pre-'67 Bug, but had no takers. I'm torn at the minute, the Beetle obsession isn't going to go away, but equally I still enjoy the Lupo and it's the best car I've owned.

Thanks for all the nice comments by the way :)

Edited by RossB