iPad elite - gather in here please!

Adam K

what apps have you got on yours that you'd recommend?

on my 64gb ipad i have so far...

atomic web - $0.99, awesome web browser, better than safari, includes tabbed browsing and full screen view. i wouldn't be without it now and have almost stopped using the standard safari browser.

bbc news - free, not the greatest though, prefer to just browse the web and check out the site via the normal site.

epicurious - free, awesome!! get it. thousands and thousands of good recipes at your fingertips.

imdb - free, good but american based as obviously it's an app from the american itunes store. uk version of the app will be good.

marvel comics - free, i don't read comics, but this is quite cool, and shows off the ipad nicely with lots of bright pics.

tap tap radiation - free, bloody addictive game, if you like tap tap revolution on the iphone then this will be right up your street.

ibooks - free, not bought any books yet so can't really comment other than that the free winnie the pooh book looks good and works well, but it's not really my kinda book so i haven't read it.

jirbobreak - free, if you like brickbreaker then this is the same thing. it's great fun!

airvideo - $2.99. this is one of the best apps going, if you have loads of divx/mkv/other unsupported videos on your pc/mac/nas box, then this can stream them and convert them on the fly. this app is amazing, definitely my favourite app!

goodreader - this is on offer at the moment for $0.99. this is great for accessing stuff from your cloud based storage accounts, can also read pdf's nicely, view photos, etc etc. well worth getting, especially at that offer price.

offline pages - free, save webpages for viewing offline. great if you want to view pages when you have no net connection available. save the pages at home/work, and then read them while on the train.

solitaire - free, addictive as hell.

abc player - free, purchase a VPN service such as purevpn, and you can access abc player which kinda like an american version of iplayer i suppose. lots of great programs on here.

alicelite - free, a sample of the alice in wonderland ebook. looks great and has some cool little animations.

ambient time - free, alarm clock application.

backgrounds - free, lots of cool background wallpapers for the ipad.

XE - free, currency converter application, great for convenience when you are trying to buy stuff in another currency online.

pad info - free. gives you some useful info about your ipad.

speedtest.net - free, nice app just to check the speed of your broadband connection.

Edited by Adam K

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was to waste money on an iPad, I would get Justin.TV first, never off that on the PC, or iPhone. Can imagine it being sick on the iPad.

Peggle would also be amazing if it was compatable, same with COD Zombies, love that game.

Jet Car Stunts would probably be the best racer.

Adam come on be honest were you really interested in what apps others have or did you just want confirm you alpha male status..... lol im just kidding.

Apple now have such standing that they can actually create a device and the need for it follows. Even if no one actually needs it now within 2 or so years

there will be loads of people that simply cannot exist without an ipad and even if they are laughing about it now they will be totally devoted soon. Buying into

an apple device is buying a lifestyle choice but i think apple may have to up their game soon. Blackberry is now outselling the iPhone. That is due to BB being

the urban 'gangster' phone of choice and that really should worry apple as the BB is now part of the bling ting.

I see big big potential for the ipad as a real work tool but apple will be the ones that restrict much of what could be done with it without being hacking and that is a real shame.

If anyone writes an app that allows me to fully control the video function on a canon 5dmk2, 7d or 550d then i will get one in a shot and same thing if there is a comprehensive

app that would allow me to start editing all my raw files on location. If there are apps out there to improve my productivity then i see no reason not to get one.

Edited by Unheard

Adam come on be honest were you really interested in what apps others have or did you just want confirm you alpha male status..... lol im just kidding.

Apple now have such standing that they can actually create a device and the need for it follows. Even if no one actually needs it now within 2 or so years

there will be loads of people that simply cannot exist without an ipad and even if they are laughing about it now they will be totally devoted soon. Buying into

an apple device is buying a lifestyle choice but i think apple may have to up their game soon. Blackberry is now outselling the iPhone. That is due to BB being

the urban 'gangster' phone of choice and that really should worry apple as the BB is now part of the bling ting.

I see big big potential for the ipad as a real work tool but apple will be the ones that restrict much of what could be done with it without being hacking and that is a real shame.

If anyone writes an app that allows me to fully control the video function on a canon 5dmk2, 7d or 550d then i will get one in a shot and same thing if there is a comprehensive

app that would allow me to start editing all my raw files on location. If there are apps out there to improve my productivity then i see no reason not to get one.

it's half attention whore'ish, and half genuine interest. i know for a fact at least 2 other members on here have ipads, and there must be a few others that i don't know of.

The only thing that matters when it comes to the i-collection, is a Flash driver, without Flash on the device it falls behind other devices such as the latest HTC with Android and Flash iirc?

And Apple have stated Flash is nigh on impossible with their portable devices due to shocking battery life. With a Flash driver, it will be unstoppable.

Blackberrys are for people who appreciate poor technology and have no taste, and think that buying a phone that looks like a keyboard, no touchscreen, or decent range of apps.. is amazing. I detest people who desire to own a gay BB.

My mate opened my eyes to HTC, which, according to tech radar, consumes 3 of the top 5, including 1st, on their top 15 phones you can buy today - list. iPhone 2nd, and gay BB 6th? Who wants to own the 6th best phone? Not me.

The only thing that matters when it comes to the i-collection, is a Flash driver, without Flash on the device it falls behind other devices such as the latest HTC with Android and Flash iirc?

And Apple have stated Flash is nigh on impossible with their portable devices due to shocking battery life. With a Flash driver, it will be unstoppable.

Blackberrys are for people who appreciate poor technology and have no taste, and think that buying a phone that looks like a keyboard, no touchscreen, or decent range of apps.. is amazing. I detest people who desire to own a gay BB.

My mate opened my eyes to HTC, which, according to tech radar, consumes 3 of the top 5, including 1st, on their top 15 phones you can buy today - list. iPhone 2nd, and gay BB 6th? Who wants to own the 6th best phone? Not me.

i am a massive massive apple whore, i have a vast proportion of their range of products, mac mini, macbook pro, iphone 3gs, ipod nano, time capsule, and now ipad, but i also own a BB bold as my work phone, and it kicks the iphone into the dirt as far as a communication device goes. i carry both the iphone and the bb on me at all times, and the blackberry is better at email, texts, phone calls, and battery life. yeah the iphone kicks arse at multimedia and apps, but it truely isn't anywhere near as usable as a BB as a business device.

if anyone should be biased towards the iphone, it should be me, but it really isn't a great phone. the speaker is too quiet for hearing calls in busy environments, the loud speaker isn't loud enough for handsfree unless you have no background noise around you, the battery life is pants if you spend all day emailing, texting, and talking, and currently you can only have 1 exchange account setup (this is being fixed in OS 4.0 though). overall i always tell people the same thing. buy an iphone for the novelty factor and to look trendy, it's also a great lifestyle phone as it can do so many different things, and i wouldn't be without mine, but if you want a serious communications device buy the BB.

Serious communications device, basically the majority, or 99% of people will buy it for Facebook lol. I always considered the BB, as you said for a business device, it was always a business phone, but for some reason, over the last year its turned into the hottest phone on the market?

Why would anyone choose a phone, in 2010, for day to day use, that doesnt have touchscreen? Plus the iPhone is also user friendly in the sense that it has alot more coverage around other peripherals and software. I havent seen car stereos that promote "Blackberry functionality" or other such crapola.

Same as having a PC, its alot easier to get what you want, if I had a MAC I couldnt do what I do at University.

I'm writing this on an iPad. :)

What's the deal with the app store? Do I just access it through iTunes on the computer and transfer it over, or is there a way round it?

Seems pretty good though!

Why is BB gay ?

Got the apps sorted. Just got a few things off the uk app store by syncing it with a computer. :)

if you want proper ipad apps then you need to sign up for a US itunes account, buy a US itunes gift voucher, then redeem the code when signed into your US itunes account.

Why would anyone choose a phone, in 2010, for day to day use, that doesnt have touchscreen?

Girls with long fingernails... you didn't think of that one did ya :lol: Seriously big issue with the iphone among many girls.

More to the point there are many people like me that cannot stand typing on a touch screen i just do not get on with it at all.

If you just use your phone for texting and phoning people, then why would you want a touchscreen? Unless you get an expensive one the touch screens are gash, and just one more thing to go wrong.

I could text much more quickly on my old phone with buttons than I can on my tattoo.

I can also type more quickly on a keyboard than I can on this iPad.

Edited by Philplop

Real keys FTW!!!

thumbup.gif

If people just want a phone for txting and calling why not go for this?

nostalgia_nokia_3310.png

People buy phones nowadays for what it has on it, not just for txting or calling. My Grandad owns a 3310, he doesnt care about video calling, Angry Birds, or LED Touch Screens. Thats what I think of BB owners. Why waste your money on such a basic phone, with a screen the size of.. well a 3310.

Each to their own, and you get what you pay for I guess :coffee: