1.4 TDi tuning

Diesel madness

the enormous loss is a way that a lot of UK Tuners dyno the cars. They majourly over-correct the results from the wheel power making it seem like the car is going much more power than it actually is!

and then go back and send all their mates there too..

Funnily though my friends Corrado 20vT made more power on the Awesome GTi dyno than a local rolling road.

Personally I take RR figures with a pinch of salt, the proof is in how the car drives.

There's a lot of other stuff to factor in when it comes to rolling road graphs too.

Ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure can have a lot to play in things.

Also - If your local rolling road only had a 40mph fan and awesome have a 70mph or 80mph fan (can't quite remember which) - That also can make a bit of a difference. Especially on a Turbocharged engine.

before going for more power id get good quality tyres, no point having more power if you cant put it down or get round corners, better tyres will also increase your corner speed and dramatically lower your braking distance. as for power increase have you considered a decent intercooler? possibly fit some water jets to help, should improve torque and bhp, also blanking of the egr makes a little difference.

Your best bet is to fit 2 white stripes across your car, starting at the bottom of the front bumper going across the roof, down to the bottom of the rear bumper.

Guaranteed to make your car faster :shades:

P1020941.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough I hit the tyres at Sawbench on my previous visit to Wiscombe. King of the just too late brakers.

I have a new wing from e-bay but haven't found the time to fit it yet.

Currently hanging out at Bangkok airport.

Will you be at the next hill-climb, wiscombe? 27th June?

Not back at Wiscombe until 4th and 5th September.

Off to Castle hillclimb in Cormwall 10th and 11th July.

New tyres will have to wait as a set of AD08s for the NSX have used up all pocket money and caused Mrs to be ANGRY :)

• 2 weeks later...

how about loosing some weight free power depends on how much of a dedicated racer on how far you go a friends got a subaru and has just started heat gunning all the sound deadining off and cutting off spare brackets