insurance group numbers

MCH

just want to clear something up thats all regarding insurance group numbers

for example on parkers it states - 1.4s, 1.4se, 1.4e all at insurance group 3

but upon autotrader, all the car dealerships quote these all at insurance group 5

so which is it?

just wondering as im saving up atm for a lupo, i need a rough guestimate at how much insurance monies im going to need, i have already read through a lot of threads about insurance and i know its best to find the bet deal myself, but if the 1.4 are all insurance group 5 then i may aswell stretch myself to a sport as they are insurance group 6.

cheers

Just try insurance companies, when i came to my Lupo GTi (group 11) i came from a group 13 car, and my insurance still went up...

I don't believe you can 'guestimate' there are too many variables.

I've just finished making a 'Info Guide' in the Archive section about VW Lupo and Seat Arosa insurance grouping.

See here: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=66384

Thats handy, and explains why he was seeing the two different groups.

Yeah, there's two different insurance group ratings these days.

Th old style 1-20 group which the majority of insurers use, and also the 1-50 Insurance group (which is more accurate).

More and more insurance companies every year are starting to use the ABI's 1-50 Grouping.

cheers thanks for that, i have had a look at the table so its just a case of seeing what deal i can get, if the difference between a sport and non-sport is negligible for my circumstances when it comes to insurance then i may as well save up for a sport

cheers thanks for that, i have had a look at the table so its just a case of seeing what deal i can get, if the difference between a sport and non-sport is negligible for my circumstances when it comes to insurance then i may as well save up for a sport

If you are going to get a sport, look out for the common issues which are on this forum, the sports seem to have more go wrong than e or s spec.

Not wanting to put you off, i LOVED my sport, just making you aware :)

If you are going to get a sport, look out for the common issues which are on this forum, the sports seem to have more go wrong than e or s spec.

Not wanting to put you off, i LOVED my sport, just making you aware :)

thanks again ;) , my idea was to get a non sport, because they are cheaper, just got to weight up what i will be using it for, as i will still be using my scoot for some commuting and the car for others mainly on motorways, so might have to search for a tdi but dont really fancy getting a diesel

I think the 1.4s is a great all rounder.

Good spec, MPG, insurance, with all the looks :)

yer thats what i was thinking, i mean it will be my first car, i have got money to spend on it, insurance and mods, but still have to watch the pennies and weigh up whats best.

cheers