iPhone 4.0 opinions??

macaloon

I wonder if pre purchased 3.0 apps will be transferable

also

iphone-os-preview-iads20100407.png

iAd is a breakthrough mobile advertising platform from Apple. With it, apps can feature rich media ads that combine the emotion of TV with the interactivity of the web. For developers, it means a new, easy-to-implement source of revenue. For advertisers, it creates a new media outlet that offers consumers highly targeted information.

I hope to f**k you will be able to turn that off!

Edited by nfbr

I think most 3.0 apps will have free updates Al so they can be 'multitaskable'!

As for iAds, I don't think Apple will let adverts ruin things in apps, and I think developers charging for their apps will probably not have adverts, although if they're going to be stupidly money orientated instead of user experience, both developer and Apple could milk it - which would suck.

Apart from that I love everything else; folders, multitasking, new dock looks ace, customisable wallpaper etc etc!

It's a lot less restricted and that's what I'm loving about 4.0.

Shame they didn't announce any new iPhone hardware though!!

lol.

Mines out of warranty and I still won't Jailbreak it...

I don't have any reason to... I don't need it to do anything that you can do with a jailbroke phone that you can't with a regular one.

only reason i jalbroke it was to unlock it really but with it you get an extra app store with a lot more apps . plus if youre naughty there is a way to get all the paid for apps from the normal app store for zilch.. :)

I jailbroke the iPod Touch because I wasnt tied into a contract or anything. I would never Jailbreak an iPhone.

New OS is really good I suppose, but I have to upgrade to iPhone version 4, when its hopefully announced this June, as I am currently rocking a 3G.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably won't be out until June/July time... all the others have been July I think?

I've been out of contract since January & hanging on for the next iPhone. Will stick my 3G on eBay when the next phone is released & hopefully still get a reasonable amount of money towards my new one...

(Has there actually been any confirmation of a phone update or just an OS update?)

Reports of a prototype new iPhone lost in a bar are all over the 'net. I doubt iAd's will be able to be switched off. Everyone would be doing it if you could, so app devs and advertisers would miss out big time. At the very least there'll be a "skip" option like you get in many flash games, but again I doubt it.

Reports of a prototype new iPhone lost in a bar are all over the 'net. I doubt iAd's will be able to be switched off. Everyone would be doing it if you could, so app devs and advertisers would miss out big time. At the very least there'll be a "skip" option like you get in many flash games, but again I doubt it.

Yeah, might cost that site a bit if Apple flex their legal might.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/why-apple-could-sue-gawker-over-lost-iphone-story/19447570/