Edition 38 2010 - 3rd, 4th and 5th September

nfbr

So many of you will already know the dates for edition 38, but some of you might not.

Just quickly scanning through, I have realized that Once again, it lies on the same weekend as the 'Trax' show not so far down the road.

As many of you who went last year will remember, quite a lot of problems arose above and beyond the normal goings on of edition 38,

mostly due to the absolutely massive rise in 'Non Vag' cars and their drivers using the Edition 38 camping ground as a half way house

to get p*ssed and act like tw*ts before they went off to Trax on the sunday...

How many of you guys who've been going to Edition 38 for years are going to sit it out this time? I've still not made my mind up about it.

Has anyone seen anything said on the Edition 38 forums about better security? or having people turned away who they believe might

be cause for concern? Personally, I don't believe for one minute that the Edition 38 crew will be willing to turn people away, as at the

end of the day, the show is there to rake in money!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ive herd of alot of changes that will be implemented this year. It sounds good, hopefully no cars will get damaged like last year.

It was great last year, i really enjoyed it.

Sadly i wont be going, as i have a stag do to attend, which is annoying.

I love edition. I'll admit it was a shame to see some nasty things going on last year though. A guy on our clubstand had his splitter purposely ripped off of his Bora which put a bit of a downer on things. Unfortunately I can't make this year's as i'm away on training :( gutted!

Edited by Amber

Im unsure if im going yet, if i do i might book into a hotel as close as possible . mmmmm gym and shower on a morning plus a nice warm bed and room service.

Definitely good to hear that there are going to be a fair few changes!

It's a bit of a shame that the dance tent is going, but I can understand why! The place was like one giant bong in 2009!

Personally, I've been to the show every year since 2004 and I'm probably not going to give up on it just yet. I just hope changes will be made to stop the place being abused by the 'Trax' people...

Personally I think next to security the Toilet situation must be addessed. They are taking double the amount of people but not increasing the number of toilets. But they are putting the entry price up year on year. This will be my last year if the basics havnt been massivly improved.

Yes, The toilets haven't changed since 4 years ago to be fair! and the condition of them gets worse and worse every year. Someone told me that they get cleaned overnight? But the only time I've ever seen them anything near clean is after first arriving on the friday!

But they are putting the entry price up year on year.

ÂŁ30 this year, i'm sure '06 was ÂŁ15!

Oh, and the 'flyers' say improved security, and still mention DJ's.

i missed it last year, and to be honest I'm not really that fussed if I go or not! its a shame, as I enjoy catching-up with you guys, but I wasn't that impressed with the whole thing the last time I went, plus I hate camping, so not the best show for me to go to!

Sorry guys!

What have they changed exactly? The organisers must be complete window lickers to not realise the reasons behind the problems last year with it being on the same weekend as Trax! I went last year for the first time and wont be returning, sticking to good ol' local Leeds VW Festival.

Didnt Bug Jam have this same problem a few years ago with the solution simply being to up the entry price for non Vdubs?

i am probs gunna go !! However having seconds thoughts as u all slate it lol ! I have booked off work for this all ready aswell !

Il go as its just down the road, Would rather it be a seperate weekend to trax as i like that show!

I'll be there too, but agreed on the Trax show, I like it too!

Il go as its just down the road, Would rather it be a seperate weekend to trax as i like that show!

TBF, If it was a seperate weekend to Trax, It'd take away all the chav scummery... As the reason all the chavs come to ed38 particularly on the saturday night is so they are close to trax in the morning which is just down the road!

i am probs gunna go !! However having seconds thoughts as u all slate it lol ! I have booked off work for this all ready aswell !

Mate, don't get me wrong, It's not a bad show! It just got out of hand with all the non-vag stuff turning up, wrecking the place and p*ssing off the next morning!

Victim of its own success ????

Perhaps!

I'l probably go, not be staying over.. I hate camping and from what people were saying about last year, it didn't sound much like a car show.

TBF, If it wasn't for the Camping and the Social aspect over night, I wouldn't bother going!