HiFi Dilemma

Matty.

Got a bit of a dilemma i need to solve;

Currently i have a PC and a laptop, all my music is on my PC and but i can play it through my laptop via iTunes sharing. Meaning i dont need any files on the laptop. Thats ideal for now.

However next wednesday i move into my flat, and im looking for a sorta set up that i can buy so that i can play the music on my PC, but in the sitting room. I could play it louder but i cant control it from sitting room. I dont wanna bring PC into the living room as thats just pointless. And id rather it came through better speakers than my laptop.

When i had my last flat i had a cable which ran from my laptop to the hifi then i worked it that way. It could work.. but it was a bit DIY.

I know theres hifis out there that can do this, just dunno how to do it.

Other suggestions ive had is just use my itouch as i put all my music on there.. but i keep that in the car to play through my headunit. Unless i just get another ipod?

Get an airport express and attach it to whatever speakers you want/have. The airport express streams music from iTunes to your speakers (or hifi aux in). Then get an app for your iPod touch that you can use to control iTunes on your PC (so your iPod effectively becomes the remote control). That will be the cheapest solution.

That actually could work!

I was thinking into it more, i could keep the iTunes shared so i can access it on my laptop, then use that Airport thing and plug it into my lounge speakers then control it from the laptop.

Otherwise get a cable that goes from my laptop to my hifi then just use the laptop when i want it.

Last solution would be get another ipod touch and keep that for in the house

Yep, I love my Airport express!!! One of the coolest things I've bought for under ÂŁ100!

Seems to have gone up from ÂŁ69 to ÂŁ81 since I bought mine 6 month ago!

If you buy one used, Make sure it's the 802.11 A/B/G/N compatible one as the 802.11 A/B/G only one has power supply problems and won't last much longer than a year!

If you buy one used, Make sure it's the 802.11 A/B/G/N compatible one as the 802.11 A/B/G only one has power supply problems and won't last much longer than a year!

The one I have for sale is the first one Al mentions.