Coilovers? Under £270?

croakey

Everywhere you look, you hear stories of FK's blowing damper seals, wouldn't go for those personally.

But as above, buy cheap buy twice. For £100ish extra, AP's seem to be highly rated as a reasonably priced coilover kit.

i dont believe in buy cheap buy twice... i believe in buying something fit for purpose, its not 500bhp track spec ultra lightweight vehicle being used for time attack is it? its a 60bhp shopping trolley. I've been there, done that with regards to a set of custom Avos on my old Fiesta, and again used VMaxx on a mk4 ibiza, and in reality they both did the same job day to day....

Just wanted some opinions on lupo/arosa fitment stuff as i know Vmaxx on mk3 golf got a bad review, yet mk4 golf they got a good review

Thanks for the input so far guys :)

i dont believe in buy cheap buy twice... i believe in buying something fit for purpose, its not 500bhp track spec ultra lightweight vehicle being used for time attack is it? its a 60bhp shopping trolley. I've been there, done that with regards to a set of custom Avos on my old Fiesta, and again used VMaxx on a mk4 ibiza, and in reality they both did the same job day to day....

Just wanted some opinions on lupo/arosa fitment stuff as i know Vmaxx on mk3 golf got a bad review, yet mk4 golf they got a good review

Thanks for the input so far guys :)

TBF, If it's a 60bhp peice of crap car which you are not even slightly interested in comfort, handling, ride quality or longevity. Then Vmaxx are probably the way forwards...

Vmaxx - All the comfort of a Pogo stick, with the handling of a Shopping trolley

Ideal For going very low with very little / no budget.

Edited by nfbr

If your on a budget id go for the FK AKs, They will be good enough for the job,

Not a fan of the Ta's Far too bouncy for my liking,

I have FK Highsports, now i have my arches rolled i can corner properly and i have to say i love them,

Rich.

Thanks Rich thats the sort of advice i was looking for :)

Sadly other people have taken my comment completely the wrong way.... relax nfbr i like my little arosa as much as any other, but 600bhp trackattacker it isnt.

So FK AK's wouldnt be a bad choice for a cheap coilover solution...

Sadly buying the missus a new ibiza sc last year, saving for a house, and changing jobs has left me strapped for modifying cash - maybe in a few months i can stretch to some Weitec GTs

Not adjustable how? height wise?

if so i'll stick with the pogo stick Vmaxx's!

amazing

just mention "cheap" coilovers and the haters come out to reply,are you all embarrassed that you spent stupid money on Kw's when ta technix do the same job? :P

Ive used cheap £200 sets and quite expensive £500+ sets

theres nothing wrong with "cheap" and that doesn't mean you buy twice :lol:

if all you "old" twentysometings want comfort then stick to the vw factory shock and spring set up

whats the point of having fully rebound and hight adjustable if all you do is drive to and from work and go to the occasional show? its all bulls**t,if your using it on the track then thats a different story but in truth how many do

and lets face it once fitted and adjusted to the hight you want you leave them,i don't believe people are adjusting them on a weekly basis

I'm now running phil j coil overs after i binned the over engineered, over priced "scene" coilovers

they do the SAME job at a fraction of the cost

ok que the sh** storm of follow up comments :lol::lol::P;)

Edited by bithmeister

^^^^ LMAO! well said lee!

why spend ££££'s on coilovers when all your going to do is deck the car on its belly and not take it to a track? waste of time spending ££££'s when the good old 'cheap'coilovers are just as good.

Oh lee what have you started here LOL

I see both sides.

If all you want to do is get low and trundle about, I'd get the cheapo ones. But they will most probably seize, meaning you can't adjust them at all. I recently had a right mission trying to get my Dads A6 MOT'd because nobody could get it on their ramps to test it and I couldn't raise it up.

I have KW V1's on the Lupo and they are brilliant. Handling has a place on the road too, not just the track. I like to drive my car, and it handles great. They're stainless so I can always easily adjust them if I need to. If you change your wheels it's quite possible that you'll need to adjust the ride height.

If it was a bit of a shed I'd get PhilJ's. If I wanted some longevity and handling/comfort out of them, I'd get V1's again.