macaloon

EPC Light and brake light out

hi guys

EPC light came on the other day plugged it into vagcom which had a brake light or switch failure fault coming up

looked at brake lights and spoiler brake light isnt coming on is this likely to be the culprit?

is it a case of replace the brake light and reset the EPC light and its sorted??

hi guys

EPC light came on the other day plugged it into vagcom which had a brake light or switch failure fault coming up

looked at brake lights and spoiler brake light isnt coming on is this likely to be the culprit?

is it a case of replace the brake light and reset the EPC light and its sorted??

More likely that the pedal switch needs replacing, not that difficult to do.

any idea how much a pedal switch is??

what makes yu think its the switch is that a common fault??

cheers

I know VW now supply a redesigned switch, so maybe it is a common issue.

No more than £10-15 max. Should be able to get one from Euro Car Parts or the like.

Once the new brake light switch is fitted does anyone know how to re-set the EPC light please? I just fitted a new one after EPC came on and brake lights stopped working. Now they work but the EPC is still on!

Any thoughts please?

i changed mine and the light reset itself, bought it from vw for about £10, its located on top of the brake pedal with a four pin connector in it and its just a twist out connection. If your lights still on it might be worth plugging your car in?

i had the same problemd. need to get the lights cleared with vagcom :)

ive had a new brake switch put in and the fault cleared and the fault came straight back brake sensor

im taking it back in on Wednesday as he's going to try another brake switch as it could be a faulty part and also replace the spoiler brake light as its still not working after the switch change

however i wouldnt think a out brake light would bring up an EPC fault

Agghhh! I'm having exactly the same problem with my Lupo GTI! Replaced brake light switch and high level brakelight, reset the error code and EPC light has come back on again. Sounds too familiar! Has anyone got to the bottom of this?

^ Do your brake lights work? This was my problem after changing brake light switch, then found out it was only the bulbs (but my high level was working) but I didn't know that, at the time

Mine has thrown up this fault twice now after having the switch replaced and then being reset =s My brake lights are def working atm but the EPC light has come on again =s anyone find a solution? I'm going to see the garage tomoz and ask them to reset it again